Under warranty?. If Any one has any info would be much appreciated

Cheers Rick

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Any Pics?

I myself also have the Bi-Xenons, do you mean the metal flap that 'retracts' when the car is on high-beam? That's the part that is 'oxidising'?

Also how old is your car? Always parked outside in the sunlight? I mean I see lots of older cars with their headlight lenses turning Milky yellowish...

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Do you mean the 'hat' thing, or the actual housing of the glass lens?

I will take a pic of mine today or tomorrow, and lets compare. Mine's exactly 8 months today.

Thing is, perhaps out of the 4500 miles I've done on the car, only 500 or so are done with my headlamps on.

I guess you have used your lights a lot more than I have done so far.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Ok, here are mine...do these have the same 'whiteish' things you noticed on yours?

MG_9931.jpg

MG_9932.jpg

MG_9933.jpg

MG_9935.jpg

MG_9936.jpg

.-Sam6J-.

Jan 3, 2016
Ok, here are mine...do these have the same 'whiteish' things you noticed on yours?

MG_9931.jpg

MG_9932.jpg

MG_9933.jpg

MG_9935.jpg

MG_9936.jpg

You could try splitting them to clean the lense if you are handy with headlights. Apart from that just get a damp cloth on a stick and wipe it out through the hole were the bulb is. Will determine wether its on the inside or outside of the lense./

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Ok, I guess that is one for Rick-24. We were just comparing if the whiteish thing he is speaking off is due to dirt, or due to age/wear.

As far as I can see, I don't see the 'whiteish' thing Rick-24 was mentioning on mine, but perhaps I'm not finding what he found on his.

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Hi. Thanks for info lads, yeah looking at pics posted they look pretty

Clear to me. Sorry mine is a bad pic the rain didn't help things but will

Take some more tonight. Anyway I've been to dealer to look at it and

They thought I was complaning about condensation on the front lenses

Which they do a little but not over bad. They said there's nothing wrong:censored:

Stupid people I had to get two service guys out and technician to point
Out the problem. It's like a milky white Residue on the dome bit not the
Main plastic lense. He's taken a pic and sending it to seat still waiting
For a reply as to whether it's covered under warranty. He said that he's
Never seen before but Id say that's **** because it's on audi/vw forum
People complaining about it. I'd do it my self and take the headlight out but as
It's still covered I void warranty if I remove stickers. But looking at light
Doesn't look like the projector dome can be removed I think it would be hard
To poke a brush or cloth in there as no room. I know sone of audi lights
They can be removed with 4 screws.... honestly tho for year n half old car
I think it's kinda bad. Maybe 5 it 6. Just a pain to look at light too as o t
Think bumper has to come off:blink:

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
How did the dealer visit thereafter go? I had condensation first 2 weeks I received the car in the headlights. Probably car was sea sick from 1 week boat journey or it was homesick after leaving Barcelona. Or it was crying there is not much sun in UK compared to Spain.

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Update

Yeah sorry for delay. Took to dealer today and they are replacing that passenger headlight. Well it was wasted journey as they've ordered the wrong part, Brought the head light out to me to say it's the wrong one and it was ordered off the part number. It looked like a normal halogen offa leon
Not a xenon with led strip..... bloody muppets cost me a morning off work and I'm gonna have to go back again. He offered to have my car picked up and dropped off. So some office jockey will give my car a thrashin to the dealer and back.... dunno if I like the idea of that. Wonder if they will
Just pay my fuel costs :doh:

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
You would have thought, seeing that yours is a Cupra and stock lights are Bi-Xenons, they would have ordered Bi-Xenons. Maybe some muppet didn't know the difference beween Bi-xenon and halogen (but with small DLR LED lights?)

Saying that, when I went to the dealer to replace under warranty the rear right LED light cluster of my former Leon, they ordered the Non-LED one [:@], but they kept quiet, and they behind the scenes took the rear right LED from another Leon on the forecourt and replaced it for the time being. Was curious why a new unit had some scratches.

Anyhooo...I went back 2-3 weeks later to sort a rattle, and surprise they replaced with a new scratch free unit.

Last edited:

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
Hi alł,

Looking at my Bi-xenons the other day and I noticed this milky residue on both my projectors, car is a 2015 1.6. A quick google search brought me herebut no solotions. No warranty for me though. :censored: looks like the only way to clean them is to split the lens and risk future condesation, water ingress problems. Don’t think Ill be attempting that and new lamps are around 500€ here in Spain.:( If anyone has other ideas on cleaning they would be appreciated.

Cheers
Jonny