VCDS invalidate warranty?

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I was at the stealers today to fix a defective door mirror (motor kaput). Before arriving I carried out a diagnostic check with my Ross-Tec cable and printed the results before deleting all errors, hoping to clear the fault. On arrival I presented the print out to the service manager who went off on one saying that I had invalidated my warranty by deleting the errors which they needed to send to Seat UK to prove there was a fault in the first place. As anybody come across this problem?

JasonTopHat

Sep 19, 2017
This does sound like it could have a grin of truth in it. They may have to provide some evidence of having rectified an issue, especially if it is paid for by warranty.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Not with fault code clearing, why on earth would you present them a list of fault codes then clear them? If it has warranty it has warranty, dealers problem to resolve....

I know it has happened when coding or adaption changes have been performed in the past, but not fault code clearing

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
i think you were unwise to print off and clear the codes.

You wanted the dealer to fix it - so you should have left them to fix it.

I had similar with a leaky damper I wanted replaced under warranty. The dealer faffed about for 25 days trying to get a replacement. I eventually caved and sourced and replaced the part myself. When the dealer found out he got all upset. He insisted on getting the old damper incase they got audited for making a fraudulent warranty claim.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
After taking my credit card details (in case I had to pay for my so called mistake) and putting the wind up me about invalidating my warranty it turned out the codes were still in the system even though I had used my Ross-Tech cable to locate and clear the faults. That's what I bought the cable for. So I wonder what all the fuss was about, was the dealer trying to deter me from making my own diagnostic checks by frightening me or what?
I put to them that if I asked the RAC for assistance and they cleared the faults the same as I had done what then, no answer was forthcoming. I got the impression that the dealer did not want me to make diagnostic checks on my Leon whilst it was still under warranted. So would I do it again it makes you think?

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Bro wtf are you on about clearly you tried and fitted a new battey over the weekend that a family member bought you last christmas but due to the fact it took longer than 10 mins to fit your error codes and collected data have all gone

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
After reading you post now ignore what I just said.

Makes no f'ing sense what so ever, I've had some expensive warranty work carried out and I had **** ton of fake data i made on my car. (Like 90 stop starts with ignition)

They get very bitchy if your cars stop start value is below 8 after the first 5 days of owning it.

Tell am f off and sort the customer service out

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members