door stuck.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
a couple of days we had a frost and also this morning.i tried to open my drivers door and it would not open at all.
I had to go through the passenger door and push really hard as I was worried I would snap the handle off whilst pulling.
I have noticed that the seal inside the door has ice along the seal when I did eventually open the door.
has anyone else experienced this?

az101

Aug 29, 2011
Burnham-on-sea
I also get this on my driver's side rear passenger door. Same thing exactly. I gave up opening it and it popped onto the latch while I was going down the motorway after it thawed out lol. I did raise it to the garage and they treated the seal. But it's obviously worn off now. Wasn't clear what they treated it with though. How old is your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
2017.only done 6k.
when I say the seal its actulally the fabric part of the seal not the rubber bit if you know what I mean lol?
theres ice right along that part.

az101

Aug 29, 2011
Burnham-on-sea
Yeah that's exactly the same as I get. I'd head back to your dealer and they should do something. It seems to be an issue of water getting into the inner seal. Mine looks well seated so not sure if it's a bad seal or if it is slightly misaligned as it only affects that one door. I also get some drips on the seat if I open that door after it rains but not for any other doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
yeah its only my drivers door it seems to happen.i might give them a bell and see what they say in a bit.cheers for that.

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Last year I washed the car late on a Sunday afternoon, didn’t dry it off and there was a reasonably hard frost. Monday morning I couldn’t open the door, parked next to house so couldn’t try the other side. I pulled the door handle to the point where I thought I was going to cause damage. It was just the frost/ice all the way around the door seal holding it.
Temperature was climbing again though and an hour or so later it opened fine.

I now wipe around the door opening and seals if it’s been wet and a frost is forecast. Not had it so bad since, garage build underway now so hopefully I won’t have the issue any more when at home anyway

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.