Bluetooth audio mutes on track change

alonwa

Nov 15, 2017
Hi,

Bought the new Ibiza a couple of weeks ago - my wife is the main user. Has the 8" media screen. Paired our phones (Nexus 5X and Nexus 6p). On our first car (Skoda Octavia 2015) we're used to streaming music from the phone to the car media system over bluetooth. It works perfectly there. My wife mainly uses the Tidal app and I mainly use BubbleUPnP.

In the new Ibiza, when a new track starts (approx. 1 second after it starts), the volume drops to zero and music is not heard. The track play itself continues (as evidenced by the timing on the car screen and in the app on the phone), but no music is heard because the volume is muted. If I then turn the volume up, it will play for a second or two and then mute again. This does not happen all the time, but it will happen soon enough to make bluetooth audio unusable. The problem happens on both phones and apps, so it doesn't seem to be related to a software bug in one of the apps. Obviously I could use the aux input instead over cable, but I prefer the convenience and added information of bluetooth.

Searching the web, it seems like others had similar problems with different apps (e.g. Spotify) and cars (e.g. BMW, Tesla), but I didn't find any solution.

Anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

Thanks!

For reference, here is the media system information:

Device part number: 5QA035824B
Hardware: H41
Software: 0462
Media Codec: 4101.0.0.0
Bluetooth version: C200
Full Link: 4101.438.1.2
Radio database version: 1.9.1
USB surfstick version: 4101.438.1.4

komoornik

Oct 1, 2017
Android version?

Try something with different version, or even iPhone - just to test it.

alonwa

Nov 15, 2017
Android version is the latest official - 8.0.0. Haven't tested other versions - will have to see how I can test one
Thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise