Coming/Leaving Home Lights - OBDEleven

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

My Leon FR didn't have the Convinience Pack (Auto Lights etc.. ). I have tried enabling the above function as per the Thread instructions found on this forum, but it isn't working.

Any ideas?

Don't mean to sound silly but when i tried activating the setting on OBDEleven on the "Leuchte" settings and changed this to Innechlight, i did do it during the day and the DRLs never came on when locking or unlocking. Is this supposed to work at nighttime only?

Last edited:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Basically there is a minimum lux and infrared setting for coming/leaving home. As far as I’m aware this requires the RLHS which the convenience pack includes.

You could try setting the lux levels to zero or max? Depending how the sensor works I.e. higher lux gives out a lower voltage or vice versa.

Also innechlicht is interior light. DRL is tagfahrlicht in German. Have a go with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Depending on how OBD11 works (I use vcds) you will need to go through and set the low beams, DRL Supply, DRLs, tail light rear right inside, tail light rear left inside, license plate light, tail light rear right outside, tail light rear left outside, high beam shutter right and left. To coming/ leaving home active.

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
Thanks for all the advise. Unfortunately still not working.

Can someone that has a Facelift Leon FR tell me the exact steps they followed to do this please?

Thanks

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
Which Leuchte number should i be changing?

I there are quite a few ( 18, 19, 20 etc... )

Thanks

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Right I’ve just had a look properly as the channels have changed quite a bit.

What year is your FR?

Locate the following channels

aussenlicht übergreifend. These are the “outside light” settings.
Within these setting are sub menus for coming home.

db749c32059f51f302cfcc4d2a71c508.jpg

Luckily managed to fit all the cho lho channels in one screen shot.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Are you aware how the leuchte channels work? As it’s going to help if you do. If not have a read of this link https://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/tb...-leuchtenkonfiguration-erklaert-t5039426.html

Then have a look at channel 26 for example. You can see coming home is setup as light function c26. Which is then assigned a dimming direction cd26 (brighter maximise or dim minimise this value is triggered regardless of what value the light is at depending how high up the order it is) then we need to know what value to go to (dimmwert cd26). 0 to 127 for LEDs or 0 to 100 for incandescent.

In this case

Lichtfunktion c26 = CHO/LHO Aktiv
Dimming direction cd26 = maximize
Dimmwert cd26 = 127 (max brightness)

3373ea7914af3ff57153b1cc48ea23bf.jpg

If you get it proceed to locate the following leuchte channels

- 6 and 7

- 23 through to 27

Last edited:

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I have the facelift without the convenience pack and I have some form of auto lights in so much that if I start the car up in low light conditions the lights come on, not full headlights, to be honest I have only had the car a couple of weeks so not checked if they are on in good light conditions, will have to check now lol.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I have the facelift without the convenience pack and I have some form of auto lights in so much that if I start the car up in low light conditions the lights come on, not full headlights, to be honest I have only had the car a couple of weeks so not checked if they are on in good light conditions, will have to check now lol.

Have you got a rain sensor? Or dimming rear view mirror?

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
None of the above worked.

My understanding has been that irrespective of the Leuchte number (23 or 27 etc..) all i had to do is change the default value of Coming/Leaving Home aktiv and change it to Inneclicht which means that the Interior lights is used to fool the DRL to come on upon locking and unlocking the car.

I am sorry if i am misunderstandinh this completely.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

My Leon FR didn't have the Convinience Pack (Auto Lights etc.. ). I have tried enabling the above function as per the Thread instructions found on this forum, but it isn't working.

Any ideas?

Don't mean to sound silly but when i tried activating the setting on OBDEleven on the "Leuchte" settings and changed this to Innechlight, i did do it during the day and the DRLs never came on when locking or unlocking. Is this supposed to work at nighttime only?

I have a facelift Leon Fr with no Convenience Pack. The coming home feature is activated by pulling the indicator stock towards yourself (ie, flashing high beams) for a second when the car is turned off. Then as you open the door the front and rear lights come on for the set amount of time. Mines are set to 30s the longest time. I dont think there is any way to have the lights come on when the car is unlocked with the key fob unless you have auto lights sadly but I am only presuming.

Last edited:

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I have a facelift Leon Fr with no Convenience Pack. The coming home feature is activated by pulling the indicator stock towards yourself (ie, flashing high beams) for a second when the car is turned off. Then as you open the door the front and rear lights come on for the set amount of time. Mines are set to 30s the longest time. I dont think there is any way to have the lights come on when the car is unlocked with the key fob unless you have auto lights sadly but I am only presuming.

I don't know about that but I can confirm that I don't have the Convenience pack but strangely in all light conditions I appear to have DRL's, I thought it was only in low light conditions until I was on my way today to fill her up and noticed the lights reflecting of the car in front of me (and it was sunny) and I have no auto option, also I appear to have rain sensing wipers.

Last edited:

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk

If you don't have auto lights then you dont have a light sensor witch means you can't have coming home/leaving home lights the traditional way!

But there is a way to make them work

You can use VCDS to code the lights to come on with the interior lights when the car is unlocked

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
I don't know about that but I can confirm that I don't have the Convenience pack but strangely in all light conditions I appear to have DRL's, I thought it was only in low light conditions until I was on my way today to fill her up and noticed the lights reflecting of the car in front of me (and it was sunny) and I have no auto option, also I appear to have rain sensing wipers.

All Leons even basic models all have Daytime running lights. Mostly every car on the road these days has lights that can never be turned off. On my leon both front and rear lights are always on as daytime running lights. The coming home feature is different all together.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

I believe all new cars must have DRL's and they come on with the ignition in any light conditions but I think they go off when the headlights are on. I think the best way to see if you have rain sensing wipers or just intermittent wipers is to switch on to position 1 (1st position up from off) with a dry screen if the wipers work intermittently with a dry screen then you haven't got rain sensing wipers.

Last edited:

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
I know it can be done. I also know it can be done with just OBDEleven.

I was just hoping that someone could tell me exactly what settings they changed in Module 9 ( Central Electronics ) in order to successfully make it work.

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
I believe all new cars must have DRL's and they come on with the ignition in any light conditions but I think they go off when the headlights are on. I think the best way to see if you have rain sensing wipers or just intermittent wipers is to switch on to position 1 (1st position up from off) with a dry screen if the wipers work intermittently with a dry screen then you haven't got rain sensing wipers.

No its not true

They was trying to pass a law but it never happened it is optional

A lot of car's dim the DRL's when you turn the headlights on some turn them off completely it just depends on the manufacturer

The Leon's DRL's also act as sidelights....if you switch to sidelights they will stay on but dim this is because you can drive with just sidelights on on roads with street lights! but the DRL's would be too bright