Air Intake Upgrade - Cupra 280

ImJennings

Nov 21, 2017
England
Thinking of getting an air intake kit on. Has anyone used one and noticed a worthwile difference? I’d probably be doing it more for the sound compared to performance. :p

Also looked at just getting the REVO panel filter, but for £50 I’m unsure if it’s going to make and change.

Thank you ;)

aaaa_kk

Nov 19, 2016
Crawley, West Sussex
I’ve got the Integrated Engineering open cone Intake on mine and it sounds nuts. Performance wise I haven’t really noticed much difference but I had it put on the same time I had the car remapped
1074bcfb40bef296c627f344880deeba.jpg

https://vimeo.com/233815505
https://vimeo.com/233877847

ImJennings

Nov 21, 2017
England
Wow it sounds great in that video! Was it hard to fit? Where do you have to connect the intake to the original pipes?

I don’t want to do too much to void warranty on the car, plan was to take it off for servicing etc, but if it’s a nightmare I’ll have to wait until the warranty expires for peace of mind.

Cheers for the response

aaaa_kk

Nov 19, 2016
Crawley, West Sussex
I had it fitted, but they are very easy to fit. This intake comes with a replacement pipe, the only thing it doesn’t replace is the elbow that connects the pipe to the turbo. Most intakes have a fitting guide online and it’s only like a 30 min job to fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImJennings

Nov 21, 2017
England
Ahh nice one. I’ve been looking at the REVO one, only advantage is I don’t have to swap the coolant pipe like you do the the Intergrated Engineering kit. Still a decision to be made there. Have you any experience with just replacing panel filters? Do they change the noise of the car at all?

aaaa_kk

Nov 19, 2016
Crawley, West Sussex
Yeah thats why I like the IE one makes it look a little more tidy with the hidden coolant pipe.
Not on this car but I did upgrade a panel filter on my previous car, it didn’t really make much of a difference at all just a very faint extra intake noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Superman001
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise