**floppy wiper blades **

VanBasten

TDI power
Jul 1, 2005
Ballymena, Norn Iron
I am currently trying to convince my nearest Renault dealer that this part no (77 112 36 179) is for a set of wipers and not just the drivers side one - can anyone else confirm this before i go back once again!!

He's telling me that the passenger side one is separate and total cost for both will be about £55+vat. :headhurt:

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
I'm interested in these blades but I know the local Renault dealer are a pain in the ar$e when it comes to ordering parts. ( I nearly punched the guy behind the parts desk once!)
Reg Vardy are only after one thing............and it's not good customer relations!

Anyway, how do I get hold of these blades without going thro' the painful task of asking the dealer?!!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
VanBasten said:
I am currently trying to convince my nearest Renault dealer that this part no (77 112 36 179) is for a set of wipers and not just the drivers side one - can anyone else confirm this before i go back once again!!

He's telling me that the passenger side one is separate and total cost for both will be about £55+vat. :headhurt:

yes it's a pair - just ask for the part alone

problem is the majority of Renault blades are boxed single and have the same packaging so stuck in the mud parts guys are still about i see from above :)

just ask for 1 of the above number and if you get the crap about passenger one and stuff just humour em and tell em you only need one :p or plead dumb and tell em its for a mate an he has asked for one of that number and thats it

the less you tell em the less grief you can get

it seems that bad with Renault i'm considering getting a box full and pass em on - my local (i used to work in) mate is still there and is no probs what so ever

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Well, I bit the bullet & ordered the wipers from Reg Vardy.
I was expecting the usual barrage of questions & " that's only the drivers side blade sir", but no, I gave the lad the part no. & he said " yeah, no problem sir, they'll be in on Sat morning"!!

However, I haven't got them yet, so I'm not holding my breath!

VanBasten

TDI power
Jul 1, 2005
Ballymena, Norn Iron
Well, i picked up my wiper blades yesterday afternoon (Cost £25.04) and fitted them straight away. Took about 5 minutes at most.

Have to say they are a vast improvement on the OE wipers. One drawback however, is that passenger blade doesnt sit flush to the window. Anyone know how to adjust them??

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
VanBasten said:
Well, i picked up my wiper blades yesterday afternoon (Cost £25.04) and fitted them straight away. Took about 5 minutes at most.

Have to say they are a vast improvement on the OE wipers. One drawback however, is that passenger blade doesnt sit flush to the window. Anyone know how to adjust them??

You mean the nearside wiper sits like this.........
P1010118.jpg

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
VanBasten said:
No, at the far end nearest the wing mirror, its slightly raised from the window.
When its wiping its not wiping along its full length

I'd be tempted to take the cap off the end of the blade & trim the blade so it sits flush..............

OR

Bend the wiper arm downwards so there's more pressure on the blades.

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
I ordered mine earlier in the week and will be picking them up after work from my local Renault dealer

Is it just a case of taking the old wiper arms off and then putting the new ones on?

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Fitted mine last night in about 3 minutes.
Tested them out this morning in the rain & they're far better than the standard ones. Look better too.
These wipers are 600mm for O/S & 400mm for N/S. My standard ones are 530mm for the O/S & 475mm for N/S, so the new N/S one has a smaller coverage & the O/S one has a bigger coverage. Still works well, though

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Nathanio said:
Hmm the difference in coverage is the only thing thats sorta putting me off...
you loose 3.5cm at the top of the passenger side screen and gain it on the drivers side so it actually improves your view

does on mine anyway

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
Well I was just about to order a set of these the other day when I thought I'd have a quick squiz on ebay.

Spotted a bloke selling three sets of new genuine vag aero wipers with the arms for a golf MK4, including the back one too!

Priced them up on vag parts and they where nearly £90 with the delivery so I had a dabble and won a set for £50.

Know there a bit pricy compared to the renault ones, but Im just hopping they work better than the origionals seat smearers :)