MK4 Brake Upgrades

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i have a TT set upready to fit on the front, just wondering if its possible to put the 288mm standard front set up on the back?

is it a straight swop?

gazjones

no compltetely different and would make the back end wiggle more than it does, and thats enough as it is

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
damn it! [:@]

you see other cars with large rear breaks, wonder why it causes more hassle on an ibiza :confused:
thats besides the point that they don't fit anyway! :rolleyes:

i had assumed that because i hadn't come across anybody else doing this that it wasn't an easy of worthy project!

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Unless i'm missing something - the calipers simply reattach to the new carriers, if that's not the case ... i'll have a pair of Leon calipers and the 312mm carriers up for grabs in the very near future :)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I don't have an ibiza so you may want to confirm this with someone that does.

I upgraded to 312mm discs a while back but I used the same calipers and pads, just bought new discs and 312mm carriers.

The carriers are what you bolt the calipers to, the carriers then bolt to the hubs on the car.

To upgrade the Leon to 312mm discs all you need are 312mm discs and the right caliper carriers.

seatmannen

Hi. Was going to buy a Ibiza, but endet up with a Polo. Its a 04 131hp 6 speed Highline. Will the TT brakes be ok for me? Any hope of them fitting behind the 16" wheels that I have on my car?

Bild003.jpg

The car is on it's way from Germany now..

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Yes and yes :D

The TT 312mm fit behind the standard 16's that were on my car.

They didn't do that model over here - we had the 130 tdi pd sport instead.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members