Custom made exhaust for ibiza 20vt

M1KETDi

Torque to the hand
Sep 17, 2001
Cheshire
www.SeatCupra.net
Has anyone here gone down the route of a custom made jobbie for their ibiza 20vt? Im thinking of going this way to be a bit differnet. Choose my own tail pipe and sound etc. But did you notice a gain or a loss in performance?

I spoke to ascar exhausts today (www.exhaustsuk.com) and the chap there was very helpful indeed. Asked me how i wanted my system, bore size, sound, tail pipe design etc, highest grades of stainless steel are used, 25 year non corrosion gaurentee comes with it too. He assured me also that there would be a good performance gain from a cat back system. Just wanted to see what you guys think. Cost is £325 for a cat back, 2.5" bore.

cupra192

Jul 13, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
I had one made not saying what make it was but it looked good and sounded good the thing was i no performance systems get louder with time but it got so loud it was like the germans coming up the road with there tanks so i took it to another garage and the problem was both the boxes had nothing in them just like a piece of scaffold pole
for the money there asking go for a milltek at least they are proven
systems

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Didn't start with Power & end in Flow did it?

A year or so back Paul B bought one & it resonated big time apparently

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
For that sort of money why not get a tried and tested product like Millteks 2.5 " system With guarenteed power gains , then go to someone like Powerflow and change just the tailpipe design .

Jools

M1KETDi

Torque to the hand
Sep 17, 2001
Cheshire
www.SeatCupra.net
powerflow my arse! im not letting any powerflow dealer anywhere near my car. As for milltek, every man and his dog has one! Yes they give a power gain, but im gonna try a different route, well, to be different!!:)

Shock_Xe

I had a long life on my last car (Used to be a partner with power flow) and it loked great but got so load it gave my mrs nose bleeds now and again, the vibration in the car would make the mirrors shake!! Turned head thoungh. However build quality was crap, the clips welded on to hold it up even come clean off with the welds and some rust started appearing on the welding joints. Service was crap and price never the same on two visits!!! Useless

Sulli

3rd Cupra
On the subject of exhausts, I reckon a huge 4/5" tailpipe, japstyle, would look wicked on a 20VT - Any proven system offer them?

To give you an idea:
DSCF0005b.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
that looks like a black hole

a mate of mine had a 4" rolled one on his 20VT & it looked cool, but didn't fit the hole too well

Shock_Xe

Personally i like the miltek, its a little bigger than oem but suits the car completly as i think the seat cupra is a 'shadow' car. You dont appreciate its looks until you have a good look at it

sandro123

Yaldy
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
www.myspace.com
Ive got a turbo back custom made effort (made my Meercat in scotland) It had the cat back on it when i got it, so i dont know about gains with that. But i did get a matching D/P and 100 cell cat and it made quite a bit of difference.

Its a 3" bore opposed to the 2.5 u get iwht a miltek. i think the extra 0.5" will make quite a bit or difference.

Sta60050.jpg

My mate had a 4" slashcut tail on his looked pretty good, but after seeing the one on my car, i think mine looks a little more subtle and suits a bit better, quite similar to the standard one i think.

but beware if your car is lowered to make sure the section that curves over the rear beam doesnt foul, cos it makes a really crap rattle if it does :) Its easily sorted though so dont worry :)

Last edited: