Rear Springs

slyce

Hi,

Had my rear springs changed as one had a crack (MOT failed) - i've only recently realised the actual springs have (i'm sure) raised the height of the rear??!!!! Spoken to the garage today (work was done about 6 weeks ago!!) and they said springs were purchased based on my reg - sholdnt these springs in theory be the correct type for my LCR???

im confused???

He's said if i source some springs he'll swap them free because they do look to high - basically i can, with ease, get my fist in between the tyre and arch??!! Bit of a hot rod type, doesnt look too bad but wanted some advice?? :confused:

Cheers

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Ask for the part number of the springs or check your invoice and post the number
There should be paint marks on these also, something like 4 blue and one green stripe.
If after 6 weeks its still very high and the garage seem very willing to change these then they must be wrong. Have they said they'll re-credit you for these springs also?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
If they have just bought the springs based on your reg, it is more than likely they have put springs from another model of leon. iirc the cupra sits 10mm higher than the R, and the other models higher again?

slyce

Hi,

Thanks for that. I'll speak to the garage again to see if they have the part number to hand.

What is the correct part number for the spring? (Its a Cupra, not an R) Is there an alternative i can get just for the rear though as the fronts fine?

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise