Engine management light

itsmeagain

Aug 4, 2012
Birmingham
Recently had and engine management light pop up on the dash. I gave it a quick scan with VCDS and got the following:
e4da0555b7a97f62360a9e1e499695ff.jpg

Took it back to the dealer that i got the car, as its under warranty.
First they said it was an old code that just needed erasing. The next day it was back on the dash.
Second visit it was diagnosed as the Evap canister valve. They said they changed the valve and road tested it and it was now fine, all fault codes cleared etc.
But they wanted to take it on an extended road test. I asked what they meant and was asked if the service guy could take my car home with him to Stoke. Maybe i am wrong but that sounds like a total joke, never heard of such a stupid idea.
Anyway 3 days later the lights back on the dash, and no i didn't let the idiot take my car home.
Any ideas guys ????????
Would anyone let them take the car home to complete the road test???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I wouldn't dream of letting anyone take my car home if it was in their garage for work. Sounds a bit suspect to me.

Is the fault code the same again.

itsmeagain

Aug 4, 2012
Birmingham
Yeah, haven't checked yet but i am sure it is the same fault. They said that the valve was changed.
All the guy wanted to do was race my car about after work. The service manager was surprised that i said no. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise