Cost of replacing front wheel bearing on LCR

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Have just been getting prices for changing a front wheel bearing on my LCR.

Main dealer wants £110 (inc vat) to supply and fit.

Local Independant was £105 (inc vat) to supply and fit, but won't fit a part I supply due to warranty issues.

Going to get some other prices from local garages at lunchtime.

What kind of price have others paid ??

Andy

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
local garages want 2 hours @ £32/hour + vat - so about £75 for the labour, and are willing to fit the bearing I've already bought !!

had recommendations from people at work for one right next to work, so will probably get them to do it one day next week.

SteveaB

Find a macninc to do it on the side and don't tell seat! get the part cash and pay the guy cash!

blackie69

worth shopping around so to speak....

Notts dealer quoted above - £110 inc

Derby dealer just quoted me - £86 inc :D

both are supply and fit OE bearing.
hi mine just gone on me seat leon fr 05
live near derby any chance u cud give me the name of the garage u took it too and how long it took
cheers
blackie

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Is this not diyable ?
I've seen photos of the bearing kits and they seem to include a large circlip.
If thats the case then I cant imagine the bearing being a heavy press fit ?

CupraTim

Dec 13, 2010
Southampton - Hampshire
Buy the parts - then you can DIY. You will need to find a garage with a press and prob pay them £20 to punch out the old ones and press in the new ones - Kwikfit will prob have this type of machine. You will need to remove the wheel, caliper, hub, suspension arm and once removed take the whole hub to a garage and the bearings and they will punch out/press in for you. Then re-attach and bolt it all back together. It will take a couple of hours if your not an experienced DIY/mechanic

Good Luck :)

blackie69

Cheers for the help :worship: would do it myself but being lazy, its going in tomorrow fingers crossed its only the bearing!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise