front mount on mk3 ibiza!

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
Can any answer this.

Why does a front mount intercooler need to be so big!!!i.e Forge
Shorley remounting to front grille is going to cool much better than existing position. Has anyone out there tried to install a smaller fmic and what were the results, i want to upgrade mine but cannot justify paying for the next holiday for the boys at forge:lol:

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Can any answer this.

Why does a front mount intercooler need to be so big!!!i.e Forge
Shorley remounting to front grille is going to cool much better than existing position. Has anyone out there tried to install a smaller fmic and what were the results, i want to upgrade mine but cannot justify paying for the next holiday for the boys at forge:lol:

If money is an issue why not just get a laguna fmic? Costs about a 1/3 of the price of the forge. There are plenty of people on here that have done it with good results or try searching laguna fmic.

That way you get a holiday and FMIC;)

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
I know what you mean i saw a universal intercooler on ebay priced 99 quid (28.5''x9''x2.5'') then you could buy the intercooler pipework from forge and adjust it to suit??? Then again the forge fmic looks the b*llocks!

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Forge one does look awesome. Thats what I want but i need to justify paying the price of it. I keep checking the for sale section, Supa Dupa Cupra off here got one 2nd hand for cheap(ish). Looks great.

With summer fast approching it would be great to have one

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
Laguna one is huge as well!! why does it need to be the size of a bus!

I understand it is a pig to fit!

The universal units look the nuts as well but dont cost £650

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
The side mount is tiny! Best bet is laguna if the forge is too much, the smic is fine when std, but when remapped the forge was designed for a remapped ibiza.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
admittidly i was very lucky i managed to get my intercooler (forge) and TIP fitted by m0rk for just 500 sheets, If so many people are after them on here why not contact forge to see if they cn do a group buy on there intercoolers fitted or deliverd to bring the price down, Also if they could do it for the universal as these are even cheaper. Just a thought.

Just to rub salt in the wounds...:p

SP_A0064.jpg

David.

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
admittidly i was very lucky i managed to get my intercooler (forge) and TIP fitted by m0rk for just 500 sheets, If so many people are after them on here why not contact forge to see if they cn do a group buy on there intercoolers fitted or deliverd to bring the price down, Also if they could do it for the universal as these are even cheaper. Just a thought.

Just to rub salt in the wounds...:p

David.

Dave since I sorted you out with them decals, ive been in need of a Forge FMIC:whistle: ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise