Trip Computer Help

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Hi, Picked up my New 14 plate Toledo SE Yesterday and i have a question about the Trip Computer,

I'm Stumped on how to make the 3rd section down show the outside Temp constantly where as at the moment it shows the current speed in km/h, I'm not to worried about the speed in km/h but showing the outside temp when I'm on navigation, Phone or Audio.

I have looked through the manual and cannot find a way to change it, in the manual shows the temp in that section of the MFD.

Thanks

Joe

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Another thing, does anyone know what iPods are compatible with the USB input as my iPod touch 4th gen is getting an error message saying it's not supported so will not connect via dock connector

Thanks

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
My 12 plate doesn't show the temp constantly either. I don't think it's possible without perhaps coding it differently? Does your iPod have bluetooth? I can't play my music from my iPhone 5 via USB but can via bluetooth.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Yeah I would love to see temp when on navigation or music screen but ohwell
As for music I looked on forum and found this link
I got one and works really well

I still have not seen any other mk4 toledo on the road

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
Yeah I would love to see temp when on navigation or music screen but ohwell
As for music I looked on forum and found this link
I got one and works really well

I still have not seen any other mk4 toledo on the road

I hadn't seen any in the first 6 weeks or so of owning mine. I have seen two in the last week!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Same here. Ipod Nano 7th gen doesn't connect even when using both usb and audio cables.

I refuse to pay SEAT's wild price for their combi cable (around £80 AFAIK).

However Nano 7 does connect with bluetooth - but cant be controlled from the head unit so you have to cue up your playlist in advance.

I got so bored of it I just dumped all the tunes onto an SD card instead.

The Outside temp issue - The VW group MFD can be hacked to give back modes from other models or countries but I don't have access to the tool do do it.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Link to SEAT ipod compatibility Guides

firstforseatcars.com/seat-bluetooth-multimedia-guides/

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Hacking the dash - You need to hook up with a VCDS (VAG-COM) owner - should be on these forums.

Ipod to MDI y-cables are on ebay for £7 (normally advertised as suitable for BMW/Mini)

- however they don't all work with lightning iphone 5 / ipod 7

I'll find a link to a proven one and come back.

This one works perfectly in a Skoda Rapid with both iPhone 5S and my iPad Mini Retina:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Full control and track info accessible.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members