shidoshi

Jun 7, 2013
quick question about the pic on page 8

the forge alloy joiner when i look on forge site for that part.

it only lets me pic 70, 76, 89 o/d

i have bought the jetex 80mm filter and 80mm silcone hose

but sounds stupid the alloy joiner has me confused why cant i pick 80mm on forge..

which is the correct size to get..

shidoshi

Jun 7, 2013
ignore my last post got all the bits today sorted.

going to fit monday

will it throw up eml after i fit it?

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
Hi guys this is a good thread but may I ask do you need to tweek any map on The car for the increase in air flow or does the ecu have enough parameters to adjust fuel and timing for this increase and will prolonged get use cause any problems for the maf I assume you don't use oiled filters as that just trashes mafs

Also is there a heat shield available to stop any heat soak
Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

robertj

weight is the enemy
Hi guys this is a good thread but may I ask do you need to tweek any map on The car for the increase in air flow or does the ecu have enough parameters to adjust fuel and timing for this increase and will prolonged get use cause any problems for the maf I assume you don't use oiled filters as that just trashes mafs

Also is there a heat shield available to stop any heat soak
Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Jabba do a kit with heat shield included. I think it's generally known that these kits don't give any significant gains over a standard airbox and in some cases have reduced power. They do however, sound good! :)

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
Jabba do a kit with heat shield included. I think it's generally known that these kits don't give any significant gains over a standard airbox and in some cases have reduced power. They do however, sound good! :)

Yh I found this too that most cone filters don't really do anything other than look good and sound good with the dv and turbo spool, I'd rather have something that benefits the car, does anyone know what power the factory air box is rated too. Has anyone gone down the route of inner wing filters, no chance of heat soak and if placed roughly where the Lcr 2nd ic is, as long as the water can't get in I wonder if that would make for better intake

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
wow nice post, considering one myself now but id want a heat shield thats decent to hold it in place as well as shield it from hot air, any recommendations? also how does it compare to the r tech induction filter?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.