Air conditioning unit cover

Philcalvin82

Jul 4, 2017
Hello all, my Ibiza cupra mk5 is missing the plastic clip on cover for the air con/climate control unit. Looks like it’s been removed at some point and never put back which is resulting in cold air from outside constantly flowing through the passenger footwell. Does anyone know where I can get one of these as I can’t find it anywhere and my local dealer says it’s not a part on its own, I need to replace the whole unit which seems ridiculous to me.
Any help appreciated, thanks.

JonnyH

Feb 26, 2017
Hello all, my Ibiza cupra mk5 is missing the plastic clip on cover for the air con/climate control unit. Looks like it’s been removed at some point and never put back which is resulting in cold air from outside constantly flowing through the passenger footwell. Does anyone know where I can get one of these as I can’t find it anywhere and my local dealer says it’s not a part on its own, I need to replace the whole unit which seems ridiculous to me.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

That’s not true you can buy just the plastic cover and the two securing clips together as a kit it’s around about £15 from your main dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philcalvin82

Jul 4, 2017
Really, I’ve asked my dealer twice and both times been told I cant buy it on its own. This is the same dealer that replaced my boot lock 3 times as it kept sticking shut, after the third replacement I took the cover off myself and first thing I saw was a loose connection. Plugged it back in and been fine ever since, don’t know how they missed it 3 times. Maybe I should use a different dealer.

Thanks Jonnyh

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
And the part number of that pollen filter cover including the two sliding clips is:

for a 2010 car with Manual AC 6Q0819422A
for a 2010 car with Auto Reg AC 6R1819422A

for a 2012 car with Manual AC 6R1819422A or even just 6R1819422
for a 2012 car with Auto Reg AC 6Q0819422A

So, find a proper SEAT dealer and ask them to get you the correct part, please note the swopping round of these part numbers between 2010 and 2012 makes no sense at all, so f I were you, I'd get a SEAT dealer to order in the correct part as from their parts list and if its wrong then they need to take it back and order in the "other" correct part!

Something not right with that swopping round of part numbers, hummmm!

I found that on an on line parts listing and just picked car years, ie 2010 and 2012 to see if it made any difference.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.