Which Colour

Philrobo

Feb 8, 2018
Good day to you all. Managed to bag a bargain at the weekend, a nice platinum grey Cupra R. Had one about 10 years ago and sold it and i've regretted it since so when this one came up for sale I had to have it. Anyway the wheels are being refurbed tomorrow and i'm torn what colour to do them. They're black at the mo. Not sure whether to stay black, go Anthracite grey, Silver or any other. Recommendations welcome!

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Welcome Philrobo!

Get posting in some more threads so you can get some pictures up of her.

I imagine it looks well with black wheels already.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hiya.
Platinum grey was my favourite colour, which was the same as my Cupra.
They do look good with black wheels.
If black go satin instead of Matt. Matt looks dirty quick and looks a little cheap.
Satin just makes them stand out a little. Grey is good but may blend with the car too much.
If you had the balls, White may look amazing but it's a statement.
Would need to have someone photoshop it on a pic first. Would be original.
I may have tried it if I'd bought a black R.
You could always Plastidip and see if you like them a certain colour. Peel off if you hate it. Or paint it to make it permanent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
I would recommend black. I have a metallic black car & black wheels. It makes the car look meaner & people always say they love the black wheels. I think if you are having them done, look at various shades. Mine are slightly graphite/black & have a subtle metallic finish to match the car. They were professionally sprayed. Good luck.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Find mine much easier to clean. Because I resprayed mine from the factory silver / anthracite it's easy to touch up any chips too.

+1 for satin finish too over gloss or matte black

Philrobo

Feb 8, 2018
Cheers for the advice guys. I ended up going for a satin anthracite style. I'll get some pics up when i can as the clutch release bearing / gearbox bearing has gone now so it's back in the garage! Expensive month...

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Definetly interested to see some pics as I'm about to get some Cupra R wheels reconditioned to go on my platinum grey FR TDI.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Philrobo

Feb 8, 2018
Definetly interested to see some pics as I'm about to get some Cupra R wheels reconditioned to go on my platinum grey FR TDI.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It won’t let me add picture UrL’s as I haven’t made enough posts however happy to email you them if you like

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.