Honeycomb Grill Fitted (+ fitting guide pics)

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
I have also just replaced the grill on my FR. I also was having trouble with the last two clips on the side. I think the temperature (-5) contributed to the trouble, in that the plastic was brittle and my patience thin. Eventually i gave up, drop kicked the screwdrivers into the pond and pulled the grill out. Needless to say, i broke the clips/slots on the bumper but the new grill fits securely.

I would advise to perform the transplant when its warmer!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I have also just replaced the grill on my FR. I also was having trouble with the last two clips on the side. I think the temperature (-5) contributed to the trouble, in that the plastic was brittle and my patience thin. Eventually i gave up, drop kicked the screwdrivers into the pond and pulled the grill out. Needless to say, i broke the clips/slots on the bumper but the new grill fits securely.

I would advise to perform the transplant when its warmer!

Like wise i broke one of them aswell , But with the bottom clips and Plugs at the top its very secure :D

bowie

great guide and pics.

I cant locate the clippy things that hold the grille in place and so cannot get the main grille off...Cars only a week old and I dont want to break it!!

cheers for any help and photos from the front of the car with arrows or something showing where they are and what direction I should push!

cheers

Si

I got the two top plugs things out but also i cannot seem to find the clippy things that also hold it in can you please draw a arrow were to put the screwdriver please.

thanx bowie

JohnnyR1Red

Jun 13, 2009
Finally got round to fitting my grille, I love it

4511386718_1574a36d75_b.jpg

JohnnyR1Red

Jun 13, 2009
Nice looking grille... Excellent !

Where can you find/order this honeycomb grille ? Is it an OEM part that can be ordered from Seat ?

Cheers mate, bought it like most people on here from Seremotors, send him a pm and he will do the rest. Was about £70.

JohnnyR1Red

Jun 13, 2009
Your best just asking Seremotors. No dealers over here seem to be able to get a hold of them, and Dave always has the lowest prices.

Its called a Linea R Grille.

This is spot on, send him a pm on here and he will do the rest, top bloke

Aziraphale

Got home & part 2 of the new look grill had arrived
So I thought I'd do a little write up on how to remove the grill & fit it.

hello there jace,

where did you get that "behind the original grill" honeycomb add-on, the best i could find was the whole honeycomb bit, not just the underlayer...

thanks for sharing

Last edited by a moderator:

Crackyrich

Are there no after market options for the Leon grill yet? Broke mine on a bird and need to replace and fancy somethin different.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Nope we have looked at this before

Dave at SERE Motors has ordered every single MK4 Centre grill possible and they honeycombe on isnt available

Wire_Gal

Sep 20, 2010
Warrington, cheshire
Hello,

Well thought this job sounded easier than changing the grille on my Civic.. how wrong I was!

Took the little clips out at the top, lifted grill up a bit and inserted a screw driver, locating the clip with my fingers through the grille.. hmm then... nothing! It may be a ridiculas question but am I supposed to press the clip in? It wasnt budging.. maybe the wd40 will help this??

Any assistance would be much appreciated.. I will not be beaten! I dont think long nails are helping matters haha

Cheers in advance guys and girls :)

WG

n_olympios

greek member
Hi there! I can't tell you exactly where to look for that, as it's been more than 2 years since I changed my grille, but I've taken photos of the whole process which should probably help you out.

Go HERE and check it out. :)

Edit: here's a couple pics that probably show what you need.

P1030454_resize.jpg

P1030465_resize.jpg

P1030464_resize.jpg

Last edited:

Wire_Gal

Sep 20, 2010
Warrington, cheshire
Finally got round to changing the grille. I couldnt get to the little clips so figured a bit of brute force did the trick and it did :)

Think I need some form of mesh behind it now to tidy it up a bit but much prefer this grille to the OEM! :)

IMAG1213.jpg

IMAG1268.jpg

IMAG1267.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.