Honeycomb Grill Fitted (+ fitting guide pics)

Grezza

Cheers. TBH I'm not that bothered about losing the slats, I just wanted the get rid of the chrome surround and I thought a new grille might sort out both. Unfortunately the best it seems I can hope for with the honeycomb replacement is two black surrounds which I think solves one problem and creates another.

Looks like I need some vinyl wrap and an artistic friend...

seatterra

mine on ebay is £95.00 with black surround because we painted it.with chrome silver surround it is £85.00.that grille will fit any altea, toledo, leon pre face lift

Grezza

Cool.

Lose one of the surrounds, knock off about £70 and paint the "S" black and all and it's an effing deal...

seatterra

funny. if you can get one painted black cheaper then good luck to ya

DACA

Mar 7, 2011
Garstang Lancs
Try looking at the honeycombe grille in another light. Not only does it look good but it can stop flying objects from puncturing the radiator behind, the straight bars could potentially allow more damage fro bigger objects.

stew1973

Hi all, thanks for the step by step guide to changing grill I am getting black grill from seat any day now they sent up the same grill that is fitted just now Doh!! so I am hoping it arrives soon also I bought the honeycone grill for behind the new grill, this should give my FR550 good look I am also going to take the leon badge off back just keep FR badge :)

dmkay_80

Mar 23, 2010
Durham
I changed my grille last night & its a horrible feeling pulling on it that hard to get it out but it worked no problems.

j-mac

Just fitted mine and it looks not to bad !! not sure about keeping the chrome trim
j-mac

stew1973

yeah I got the black grill looks smart I went to seat to get the black mirror caps and the drivers comes black ready to fit but the other cap comes primed and needs painted gutted! i was thinking of doing it my self but probly best just to pay to get done! anybody got the milltek cat back system? I have asked for price for car but think its around £7-800 just want to know if its any good

Jag768

I have also just replaced the grill on my FR. I also was having trouble with the last two clips on the side. I think the temperature (-5) contributed to the trouble, in that the plastic was brittle and my patience thin. Eventually i gave up, drop kicked the screwdrivers into the pond and pulled the grill out. Needless to say, i broke the clips/slots on the bumper but the new grill fits securely.

I would advise to perform the transplant when its warmer!
I second that! And +5 C isn't warm enough either :p. Lots of pulling and using a screw driver for the clips did the trick, but not without breaking both of them :). Doesn't really matter though, it's securely in place without them.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Fitted my grille today, took about 15 mins.

yes the side clips are a pain at ist, but using a long flet head screwdriver as advised by the OP worked a treat.

the 'bees nest' grill does match the lower gille on mine, it looks a lot better too

Grezza

Hey peeps!

The "chrome" surround on my slated grille ('07 Cupra) has started peeling. Does anyone know the part number (and price) for the slatted grille with the black surround as fitted to later pre-FL Cupras?

Thanks...

seatterra

1p0853651041 grille with black surround price £54.83
or linea r one 1pl853651041 £85.00 only available because we paint chrome surround black