Removing MK5 Ibiza front door trim

iandickson68

Dec 12, 2017
Yes once you get how to do it the first time then it's easy.

I guess the 3 doors versions is a lot easir as you have much more space to work.

Rear doors on the 5 doors is easy but the front doors I have to battle a little while reassembling the window mecanism.
Got the middle panel of as I'm trying to change a broken mirror but am stuck as to getting the outer panel of

Sent from my 8063 using Tapatalk

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Got the middle panel of as I'm trying to change a broken mirror but am stuck as to getting the outer panel of

First push it up and then out.

If you cant push it up check near the door lock if the resistence is there as you may need to cut a plastic there to easy things.

If your mirror is electric you dont need to remove the door panel.

Last edited:

iandickson68

Dec 12, 2017
First push it up and then out.

If you cant push it up check near the door lock if the resistence is there as you may need to cut a plastic there to easy things.

If your mirror is electric you dont need to remove the door panel.
No the mirror is manual and its round about the door lock where it's stuck, thanks

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
No the mirror is manual and its round about the door lock where it's stuck, thanks

Put pics please. It is hard to explain

Or did you solve it already.

PS: dont force anything

Last edited:

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
What a pain in the ass these door cards are,[:@]:censored:.
Just taken 3 hours to sound deaden and fit a new speaker. Just got a little noise when the window is nearing the bottom of the window runners. Will have to take it of again:wtf:. Thinking back I may have pulled the little clip out what secures the wiring loom next to the speakers. Any one got any othrer ideas?
:banghead::bang head

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
Didnt understood how is the noise.

Sounds like it's catching something about 2 inch before the window reaches botrom of the runner and it's holding the window for a split second cause the jolt. Going up from the very bottom the window runs smoothly, Maybe the spaeaker cable is not secured to the door with the little push fitting clip. I rembered ataching it bit I did have problems fitting the door trim card after so maybe it came loose,
Will have to wait till I get back from my jollys when I'm fully refreshed and ready to attack it once again.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
did you try to rerogram the windows?

push all the way up and keep pressing for 7s, all the way down and keep pressing for 7s

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
The one touch is working fine. Will get a video when get back from holiday. Time to drink beer for now. Thanks for the suggestions. Will keep you informed.

brav0s

Nov 1, 2017
I didnt make it dose ii need to remove the doorlock to remove the door panel?

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
dont use skype but I do hangouts, I sent you my email adress by pm

this tutorial here is a bit superficial, I plan to do one myself when I have to remove the door card again.

meanwhile did you do all those steps before trying to remove the door?
he actually doesnt show the last step which is remove the door card indeed,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_m8OMrZsDs

also check this video from 3:45, push the door card up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwmKNf_j_lQ

more videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBa92BITujo

check the videos, and see if you are missing something.

also this is from the rear door, you can get some idea, the difference is the front one has two elevators, the number of bolts, doesnt have that triangle in the first step, but very similar.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4663053&postcount=40

BTW: what do you need to replace?

Last edited:

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
Answer to post 68 noise after fitting speakers.

Just for information.
Well I have stripped the door down and as I thought the wiring loom was not connected and was catching the edge of the window. I put a cable tie on to secure the loom to the inner door panel as the factory fitted clip was a bit weak. Forgot to cut the cable tie down so this made another noise when I built it up again����, so had to strip again. They do get easier when you know what goes where. Fitted some JBL speakers and sound deadening to the front doors and it does seem better,��. Thanks to the original thread starter for making this guide, made it a lot easier.

Last edited:

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
This guide was very helpful, everything works great if you follow each step. Something that is helpful to know, roll the windows ~3 cm down before you disconnect the switches. That makes both screws reachable, and gives enough room to pull the windows up and fiddle the lifters out of the door. And use some basic painters maskintape, it's more than strong enough to hold the glass up. I used duct tape on the first, that left alot of residue.

Took me four hours per door, that included:

• disassembly
  • washing of the "rustproofing wax" that has been applied from my dealer
  • sounddeadening with butyl/alu plates and foam mats
  • new speakers and adapter rings
  • assembly

The cleaning of the insides took some time. After the first door, the second one is much faster. And i'm not a hectic worker ;-)

And i didn't break anything, hurray for me!

Hey, is there a need for the adapter rings?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise