Recommendations of dealers - POST HERE (new upto date thread)

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Craig Senior said:
Had 10k service at Thornes (Wakefield) today. All done OK, although I need to go back when the bolts for the fuel pump come in for the recall.

Bill was £144 including £15 for an Altea for the day. I supplied my own oil so they knocked £36 off the bill (The oil cost me £17 from Miller Oils)

Would recommend Thornes for any Yorks people.

Ignore the above

See here :thumbd:

merlincryst

Feb 3, 2004
Cambridge
Visit site
Letchworth-Seat

TDISE said:
Purchased car here and one service so far:

Friendly advise while purchasing with no pressure, really give you that Family run business feeling and not the faceles corporate approach.

Service was carried without any problems, car washed and hoovered inside, looked as good as new. Follow-up call to see if i was happy with the service i recieved

Loan car if required
The cost of the service was lower than advertised!

I would be very happy to go back again

Kev

Just thought I would add my praise to this dealership. They did the annual inspection service on my car on Saturday, it took them about 3 hours to get it done in which time I had the use of a courtesy car that had only done 700 miles...

The car came back washed and clean inside, and the service came to £136 which was less than the advertised price of £145 and screen wash was only 60p (That damn warning light really gets on my nerves).

While it was a 30 mile commute each way to go there, I would not have used Cambridge's Marshalls that wanted ~£220 for the same service!! :-o

It is really worth the trip to use these guys....

Joe

keithc

Dealer Recommendations

Does anyone have any recommendations for SEAT dealers in Northern Ireland, I have a Diesel Leon FR and am wondering where is the best place to get it serviced.

jesta1865

land rover saddo :-)
Oct 25, 2002
essex
Visit site
i would like to say that parkstones in southend are excellent, but if i do they will get all big headed and stop being friendly and helpful, so i won't.

in fact i would go on to say they are pants and should try even harder, in fact if they could see their way to giving me a new lcr for nowt i might put a nice post up here about them.

so ball is in their court, and i am not going to mention the friendly relaxed atmosphere there or how helpful the service area is, definately not :roflmao:

nugget

Lurking in the background
Camberley SEAT

All I can say is after going to SMC Windsor last time...Camberley are in a different world.

Offered me a courtesy car without me even asking, got Maria for the night ;)
Washed and hoovered car.
Warranty items dealt with.

My only gripe, just noticed the bloody letterings coming off my CUPRA badge again so will be ordering a new one when I nip back tp pick up the touch up paint.

Excellent service fellas :thumbup:

QMA

I personaly cant and wont reccomend a stealership for after sales due to over experiance on selling new cars and under experiance on fixing them or just not bothered, famous saying is "down to warrany mate" then they scratch their ar-e

richard_jerome

Take a bow... Newbury Seat.

My local dealer couldn't manage to fix my 05 Leon cruise control / brake light issue, despite my suggestion that the brake light switch was the most likely culprit. "Can't find anything wrong". "Keep an eye on it over the weekend". "But it's been like that since i've had it, and it won't pass an MOT as it is". "Shrug". One annoyed punter. Although I have a slight suspicion they didn't have a spare switch in stock or one to try, they could have asked me to bring it back when they did.

Hurried phone call to Newbury Seat, and they slotted me in whilst there on business today. Offered me a lift when I dropped the car off just before nine. (unfortunately it's quicker to walk during Newbury rush hour). Made affirmative noises with my diagnosis, rang me to say it was ready at half ten and the switch was the indeed the problem. Picked it up at lunchtime, service manager and sales chap were chatty. Got it back in the condition I dropped it off in - no scratches or greasy marks (my pet peeve).

Recommended - i'll go back.

Cheers,
Rich

QMA

selling "great" after sales ?? change your car ever 2 and a half years while under warranty

Pat Pending

Westgate - Grimsby

Just bought a new LCR from them after finding them through Autoebid. Excellent experience from start to finish. :thumbup:

MattCupra

Jan 14, 2004
Andover
Visit site
Kings N Baddesley Southampton

Been using them ever since a poor experience with Pinchbeck.

Kings are a world apart - extremely professional and excellent service.

Helped me out recently with some paintwork under warranty - front wing around light fitting small amount of rust bubbling up, no argument whatsoever just got on with it. Likewise servicing, always helpful.

I feel like a valued customer, which is obviously what it's all about.

speKKy

Westerham & WJ King (Sidcup)

I'm in the (what's turning out to be long drawn out) process of *trying* to buy an LCR, using my current wheels for part-ex. The two dealers I've visited so far are in my area, and both received either good feedback in other older threads or recommendations for others on SCN. Current car is in very good nick, low mileage and loaded with extras (for the model). Story so far...

Westerham
Test drive: They've got an LCR available for test drive (http://tinyurl.com/b6doe), no problems booking it on a Sat either. The sales guy put a few quid of juice in it and just threw us the keys... "see you in half an hour or so" :p Nice touch!
Offer: They gave us a cost to change offer, which was a reasonable (not great) price for our current car, but it was the standard RRP for the LCR. Fair enough, we start negotiations from there then... I gave him the pensive thought look and left. Called back two days later to try and talk him down a little and he just maintained that he made an excellent offer and will not budge even a quid on the offer!! WTF?? I asked him to call me back if he changed his mind about the offer... that was 3 weeks ago, no call.

W J King (Sidcup)
Test drive: Booked a test drive over the phone and asked if it could include driving the 3 or so miles back to our place to make sure the front splitter can clear all of the outrageous speed bumps in our area that I can't be avoided. They said they'd arrange it and called me back to confirm it was OK. Turned up for the test drive and the guys turned into a couple of plumbers, sucking through their teeth.. "Oooo, I don't think we can manage that, 'X' shouldn't have promised you that" then they told me they'd get the other sales guy to drive the LCR to our house one night after work to show us it was OK.... never got the phone call. Anyway, took standard test drive, the guy didn't know anything about the LCR but loved his CTR, so I just ignored him in the end and left as soon as we got back to the stealers.
Offer: I went back last bank holiday Monday, to get a cost to change offer from them... well, to cut a long story short, I've called back twice over the last two weeks to get the offer (speaking to the same guy each time) and the excuses have ranged from "The rosta was changed and I was forced to take my day off so I couldn't call you 3 days ago" all the way through to "Our manager has changed and I did have an offer from the old manager but didn't tell you, now I'm going to try and get a better offer from the new manager who should be here in a 30mins, so I'll call you back in a few hours" - that was on Tues, it's now Fri. Again... WTF?? I want to buy a car for crying out loud!!! I'd like to meet this W J King, because they own a stealership of every car make between Blackheath & Dartford!

Not impressed...

For those of you who've actually managed to read all the way to end of my rant without falling asleep, thanks & sorry, venting feels better. I'm off to New Southgate tomorrow to see if they can give me a cost to change offer in under two weeks... I guess I can kiss the Seat motorsport package goodbye too!

flashbsd

letchworth seat are top guys! .... if you dont mind chipped paint, scratches and dents, not to mention the friendly customer service :w4nk:

PlatinumR

Arrived and lovin it!!
Jul 23, 2004
Shoreham-by-Sea
Frosts SEAT - Portslade

Just want to say a big thanks to Mark at the service desk and the guys working on my LCR. Booked in for a 10k service, new R badges ( corroded ), new headlight under warranty ( mounting point cracked ), loose rear window surround where the parcel shelf attaches and a dreaded water leak making the rear drivers footwell wet.
Left the car with them for 3 days so they could take the carpet out to find the leak, apparently coming from behind the dash and running backwards.
Anyway cars back, carpets are dry, all work done and car delivered to my house :D

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

speKKy

* UPDATE on WJ King, Sidcup*

In the interest of being completely fair, I thought I'd do a quick update on WJ King. So, it seems that the Sidcup/Bromley parternship has got a new manager and ditched some of it's old sales staff. I was dealing with one of the guys who "left", hence no responsiveness. Someone else over there picked up my enquiry (Stuart) and contacted me. Put it this way, I just ordered my shiney new LCR last night from them at the best price I've had (including some from brokers) with a part-ex. He always called back when he said he would, wasn't too over bearing and was willing to haggle... all that remains is for them to meet the 8 day delivery estimate they gave me!! :clap:

icanseemyfeet

Seat Oldham

Have bought two cars of them and Sam and Gary have been fab each time. They let me test drive almost everything in the garage before I took out my current motor and knew I had the 'one'. They evened opened kept the garage open late when I was held up to collect it. No doubt I'll be back next time I feel the need for a change.
:roflmao:

rocket ronnie

Apr 18, 2004
Midlands
I have used Barlows in Wolverhampton (where i bought the car from) and All Electric in Halesowen--No problems with either so far .

Cupra_power

torque ain't cheap
Nov 1, 2004
the burbs...
Camberley Seat - Service - Excellent

Excellent service best received so far from any seat dealer. Reasonable price, although shopping around is a good idea, work done as specified , including additional things like coil pack replacement and simple things like bulb replacement, All cleared before work commenced. Car cleaned, inside and out. :thumbup: will use again for sure. :thumbup:

Daibill

Valley Boy
Mar 6, 2004
S Wales
Visit site
FRF Seat Swansea

Took the LCR down for it's first service(10k) on the weekend and was very pleased with the service i recieved. Could not supply me with a loan car as they were all out but it was a nice day and asda's was only up the road for breakfast. They quoted two hours for the service which was bang on and charged the normal 10k service price. Washed the car as well for me and had no hassles whatsoever. Competant and professional.

A friend of mine had to have a new gearbox fitted to his pd150 cupra and his comments are also favourable. He was losing faith in the brand but hey have now restored it.

Sales didn't do as well at time of purchase but I got the car in the end.
:clap: :clap:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Kings Seat - Portsmouth :D
Big thumbs up - in my 10months of ownership of a seat they have been more than helpful, fixing all problems, even showing me a few things on the car, and the guys in the parts dept are wicked. Mention the forums and they look after you, maybe with a little bit of discount off parts too!

Arctic

Jun 15, 2005
Newcastle...ish
Sailsbury Seat

Picked my car up with them no problems, they done all the arangements around me (well they would with a 15K car lol) Got a good test drive of there demo FR and the sales man knew what he was talking about

Also the car was pulling to the left, went in and told them, they looked at it straight away. Swaped the wheels around and done a full geromitry set up on it.

Top guys!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members