Whats the Mileage on your TDI

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
a guy in devon has just done 450K on his 02 golf and only one fault with the alternator some going eh?

Thats fantastic ! I'd be happy if mine did 25% of that. Is he a member of Seatcupra.net ? Would be good to know how he managed that ie what oil he used ? Find it hard to understand no problems not so ever with his Turbo (ie not even a stripdown, let alone bearing wear)

Anyway my 110bhp non PD has done 113K and runs better that 80k ago. And as reported else where more torquey below 2000RPM than some 140BHP PDs I've driven recently.

Paul

mac re

Engine is the 110bhp has been cool since i have had the car, nothing has gone wrong with it. Everything is as is was. I service the car myself, as soon as the service light is on i do the service. Get all my parts from AVS parts, Oil i use is semi sinthetic from these guys.

I have had to change or fix on the car:-

AMF Air mass flow meter has been changed 4 times now.
3 window regulators.
rear bushes (What a pain that was took 10 hours as i didnt have the tool, Should have bought it)
front bushes.
Changed Glow plugs
timing belt was done at 125 000, so due to be done soon.
Just serviced the car this week noticed exhust had a hole on the Cat part so just welded that up. saved me £300
Clutch has not been done, have been ringing round for quotes all coming in at £600 +
I have been given a quote for a conversion clutch which is coming in at £350
it takes the dual mass fly whhel out and replaces it with a solid clutch.

Central locking playing as stated

AC has stopped working for 3 years can not just £700 to fix as all parts need replacing, it has had a AC version of Rad weld placed in the system which has blocked all vales ect. looking in to taking the AC off totaly.
hope this has answered you questions if there are any others just reply

JUST HIT 182 000 MILES Clutch pedal went a week ago so had that replaced. filled the car up Just done 520 miles over the weekend i still got 90miles left in the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

danny8080blue

My leon TDI 130 spends more time getting repaired than been driven !! F'ing Vw shite !

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
agree with that Brett. But Danny what is the mileage on your TDI ? And what has gone wrong with it ? Was it looked after before you had it ?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Had her from new, 55 plate, and covered a grand total of 49488 :D
IMG_0545.jpg

shadyshades91

Feb 12, 2012
165k changed turbo 155k maf at 150k and wishbones every 6 months and bearings just recently passes ot every time lol

JackFR

20th April '12 FR 170 CR
11,564 miles
Had it since 4 miles on the clock

smokeyjoe

Apr 6, 2009
n.ireland boy :)
lucky buggers uns all seem to be on low milers ive got pd130 bora just turned 170k mile today incidently just got it remapped today aswell it made 135bhp standard not bad for the miles it made 173bhp and 301lb/ft torque animal in the wet.:):)

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
lucky buggers uns all seem to be on low milers ive got pd130 bora just turned 170k mile today incidently just got it remapped today aswell it made 135bhp standard not bad for the miles it made 173bhp and 301lb/ft torque animal in the wet.:):)

So you don't feel left out mines done 162k & will be remapped in the nr future :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.