SDC10525.jpg

SDC10523.jpg

SDC10522.jpg

SDC10558.jpg

SDC10524.jpg

Last edited:

steve m

Aug 18, 2008
I really like these Toledos and I think you have done some nice mods, the quality looks good aswell.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
plumbing today

did a bit of plumbing today on the toledo lot harder than household plumbing lol.
n249 bypassed the hard way!
pipe for boost gauge installed. omg how hard is it to get this through the bulkhead and up behind the dash it took me about 2 hours and i wrecked one of the missus bbq skewers(opps);)
must say the noise from the dv has become a lot crisper, im still running stock bosch dv and standard air box/filter
any how heres a pic for you all to enjoy
SDC10572.jpg

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
boost gauge fitted nearly

got it done at long last
SDC10573.jpg

SDC10576.jpg

SDC10574.jpg

SDC10575.jpg

it's an auq running -20 vacume and 10 psi on boost is this right for the engine?
oh and i have a nomad pillar on order

gary87

I have one of these myself only in silver. Did you fit the rear Cupra R seats as well? What's the N249 bypass?

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
im realy unsure of the debadged grill, i'v done the badge carbon with emoction red and did't like it then kept the red but changed the s to brushed ali and i dont like that either, i realy can't say i'm a fan of the standard chrome and i'v quite gone off the red now aswell. starting to run out of ideas here anyone got a tin of insperation i can have a spoon off!!!

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
how about fitting the LC front bumper & skirts off a facelift car & smoothing the rear bumper to match...?

always wanted to see an LC/LCR front ended tolly which had been finished off !

similar to this!

toledo-cupra-rft.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 20VT_AUQ

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
toledo-cupra-rft1.jpg

wow that looks stunning in red.
this is the front bumper i'm looking at, i think i prefer this one to the other.
i drive past one of thease bumpers everyday parked up in northampton on a leon and keep looking at it folowed by face pulling and the noises ummm and arrr.:lol:

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
some more bits today

as per the title i got some more bit done today ill let the pics do the talking----

nomad pillar fitted
SDC10578.jpg

footwell lights in red and white
red
SDC10577.jpg

white
SDC10579.jpg

and my knob:lol:(child)
SDC10581.jpg

SDC10580.jpg

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
Where did you get the gearknob from mate?

Was it easy to fit?

Cheers.

gearknob was from the evil bay for about 50 quid with some change, fitting is easy three grub screws under the gaitor, run the cable inside and conect to a switch live. i must say the quality is top notch and matches the other illumination realy nicley.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
That looks nice, did you carbon vinyl it yourself? What vinyl did you use? Have tried doing my door switches and the edges look nowhere near this smooth!

yes its all my own handywork, got the vinyl from our freindly auction site, it's not the expensive stuff as i've had some shocking results with m3. as for your edge's try to degrease the bits your doing as it helps alot and once degreased dont put your fingers on it, this is the way i do it- 1 wash part in hot,hot water and washing up liquid : this will remove oil's on the surface. -2 wipe over with a lint free cloth soaked in white spirit : this will remove the fairy and leave a good surface to stick the vinyl to use heat gun to strech vinyl were needed,
allways use fresh blade to cut the stuff.

the bits ive done turned out so well that i now charge the lads at work to bits of there's.
quite the money spinner and pays for other mods;)

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
yes its all my own handywork, got the vinyl from our freindly auction site, it's not the expensive stuff as i've had some shocking results with m3. as for your edge's try to degrease the bits your doing as it helps alot and once degreased dont put your fingers on it, this is the way i do it- 1 wash part in hot,hot water and washing up liquid : this will remove oil's on the surface. -2 wipe over with a lint free cloth soaked in white spirit : this will remove the fairy and leave a good surface to stick the vinyl to use heat gun to strech vinyl were needed,
allways use fresh blade to cut the stuff.

the bits ive done turned out so well that i now charge the lads at work to bits of there's.
quite the money spinner and pays for other mods;)

Awesome cheers mate, will give this a go! (even the mrs is offerin to lend a hand ;))

jonnywright

thats gear knob looks the part would love one that lights up green

jonnywright

love the colour of that red toledo it looks so rich good job who ever done it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.