turboboy

Universal intercooler, the guide.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
how much space is there between the crash bar and the intercooler width wise? i might get a taller fmic and cut the bar about a bit.

great guide :)

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Hmmm,Links were working off my notes last night

Enough room to go upwards and clear the crash bar or very very little triming.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
No mate that won't fit! The extra room is in the height not length . Don't buy this

Ah OK i must have read the sizes wrong

Yours is quoted as 550 long, 140 high and 65 wide

The one i linked to says its 550 long, 225 high and 64 wide

I assumed the 140 to 225 difference would be the height

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Maybe I'm wrong then and got the sizing mixed up. The length has to stay the same but you can go higher

Last edited:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I've edited the first post as a list of parts you need rather than what I bought as my eBay links are not working.Deano your absolutely correct I mixed myself up with intercooler sizing and that one could possibly fit and its a good price.

Saying that though my intercooler is working very well, there is a noticeable difference with this fitted, I'm not sure you really need anything bigger tbh.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I've edited the first post as a list of parts you need rather than what I bought as my eBay links are not working.Deano your absolutely correct I mixed myself up with intercooler sizing and that one could possibly fit and its a good price.

Saying that though my intercooler is working very well, there is a noticeable difference with this fitted, I'm not sure you really need anything bigger tbh.

I'm going with your size of cooler - looks factory and won't draw any attention.

I just looked for larger ones when others suggested that bigger MIGHT be better

Just need to check if my 2.0TDi has the same fittings as yours.

Last edited:

Nick G

Just wanted to say well done to Robbie for this guide, I know he's put a lot of time and effort into writing it all up and not just out to make a quick buck like some of the Ebay sellers that will probably now copy his text and re-word it somehow. Shame on you if are reading this guide with that in mind :)

Robbie popped over to mine last night and let me have a quick blast in the Ibiza and it's an awesome car, the noise is terrific and really pulls well - Fair play modifying a brand new car, I have no idea what they're like standard but this thing really impressed me!

Reactions: Reese Hodgers
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.