Syphon's MK3 Leon Cupra SC DSG

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
More of a place holder as I've just picked her up only a couple of hours ago.

Obviously I was lucky enough to have given a Cupra a first drive previously. Here if you've missed it.

Here's a crappy mobile pic next to it's temporary stable mate whilst at the dealer - FR with full bodykit (more info here).

main.php

So far I've only driven it back from the dealer (Holders of Congresbury) and it's now dark. I'm off out to play with the toys and go for another drive.

Thanks to Holders for their excellent customer service as ever and swift turnaround on the car for me. That FR is for sale by the way. :)

Couple of bits so far:

- Car is bloody quick and handles like a go kart - but we knew that anyway :)
- Mine came out of the factory - as did some others by all accounts sans 280 badge. A badge will be on its way soon.
- The red strips light up in Sport and Cupra mode which is good news - I thought they might only do so in Cupra mode.
- I tried to pull away twice in excitement with my left foot on what I thought was the clutch which of course didn't work very well :rolleyes:

Car is booked in on Friday at System Clenz for a full from new prep with a full Gtechniq coating. Will post proper pics when it's done.

More later!

Scott

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Nice one Scott. Can't wait to see the pics once all the work is completed. You adding the side skirts to the cupra? I noticed in the pics of a red one on auto trader that it had skirts on, makes such an immense difference.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2011
Exciting stuff. Car looks great and can't wait to see it once detailed. Enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Just back from a fill up and good blast. You can tell the difference on the roads you are familiar with. There is some voodoo stuff going on with the suspension etc. Just corners like a limpet and stays refined.

Quick as you need too. Very very happy. Sat in it now playing with the toys.

Scott

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Nice one Scott. Can't wait to see the pics once all the work is completed. You adding the side skirts to the cupra? I noticed in the pics of a red one on auto trader that it had skirts on, makes such an immense difference.

I would like the skirts but they are a lot of dough. Will see how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gamer555

Dec 6, 2008
Brussels
congrats for the car !
I see you are talking about "fun" in the car. are you skipping the "bedding in" part ? :)

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
Yeah no worries - same here as well.

I'll be in the market for one next year prob. Working from home means its hard to justify going new, but would love a speed blue cupra r mk2 :whistle:

No surprise - was a ace car!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Looks fantastic Scotty! You the first chap on here with one now?

Do tell differences between the mk2? How close is the performance compared to remapped mk2?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Looks fantastic Scotty! You the first chap on here with one now?

Do tell differences between the mk2? How close is the performance compared to remapped mk2?

Think so.

Not pushed it hard but certainly easily on par speed wise (mine was mapped too).

You can feel the weight reduction and the ride is so much more composed (not that I had any real complaints with the MK2), but cornering is something else. Still getting used to the DSG but glad the two Mark's talked me into it.

Got the day off work today so going to have some fun :D

Scott

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.