Syphon's MK3 Leon Cupra SC DSG

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Think so.

Not pushed it hard but certainly easily on par speed wise (mine was mapped too).

You can feel the weight reduction and the ride is so much more composed (not that I had any real complaints with the MK2), but cornering is something else. Still getting used to the DSG but glad the two Mark's talked me into it.

Got the day off work today so going to have some fun :D

Scott
I just couldn't persuade the Mrs to go DSG. She said she needs to be occupied when driving as she gets to bored.

Glad to see engine is strong then. I don't think I will be getting the car mapped any time soon when I get mine but wouldn't be surprised if when mapped it is as quick as the porker is.

Enjoy the car and post up some more pictures.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Very pleased for you Syphon and looking forward to all the updates.:)

Good to see you back in a Seat soon JonJay.:funk:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Just a quick rinse before tomorrow. :)
pyre7egy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

320i24v

Feb 17, 2014
Great pic, great car!
Love your needle sweep function.

Have you got any idea how can I enable it on my 2.0 TDI FR? It doesn't have it. And also I am trying to enable the automatic mirror folding when you press the lock button on the remote? not long press it.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Great pic, great car!
Love your needle sweep function.

Have you got any idea how can I enable it on my 2.0 TDI FR? It doesn't have it. And also I am trying to enable the automatic mirror folding when you press the lock button on the remote? not long press it.

I think there is a modifications thread in the MK3 forum discussing the needle sweep.

Not sure about the mirrors. Not in the settings menu?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mar 13, 2011
Lovely car. I'm still not sure I like the wheels though. Probably get used to them and will be the least of my worries as you can't see 'em when driving.

How's the Seat Sound? What leads did you get with it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Lovely car. I'm still not sure I like the wheels though. Probably get used to them and will be the least of my worries as you can't see 'em when driving.

How's the Seat Sound? What leads did you get with it?

The stereo sounds great. You get an old style Apple connector (not the smaller one in use now) and a USB connector.

Scott

Mar 13, 2011
The stereo sounds great. You get an old style Apple connector (not the smaller one in use now) and a USB connector.

Scott

Do you get album art when using the old style apple connector? I have an old iPod classic that I would leave in the car. Read on the Audi sport forum that peeps were having difficulty with album art, but it works with music off USB, SD card etc.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Do you get album art when using the old style apple connector? I have an old iPod classic that I would leave in the car. Read on the Audi sport forum that peeps were having difficulty with album art, but it works with music off USB, SD card etc.

Dunno, I've not plugged in an apple device. Z might know. I'll ask.

Scott

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net

Don't think the iPod Classics are supported for album art. Differences in the way they transmit data down the port. The software hasn't been updated by Apple either, so I think that they are stuck in legacy status.

I have an old gen1 iPod touch i leave in my car, they can be found on eBay for under £50. Using the red collared MMI Audi lead, you can have album art and video.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The SEAT sound system is very very good, we have tried it at high volume and it stays crystal clear.

Mar 13, 2011
Don't think the iPod Classics are supported for album art. Differences in the way they transmit data down the port. The software hasn't been updated by Apple either, so I think that they are stuck in legacy status.

I have an old gen1 iPod touch i leave in my car, they can be found on eBay for under £50. Using the red collared MMI Audi lead, you can have album art and video.

Not the end of the world as all my music is ripped via EAC and I can chuck it on several SD cards if necessary. Problem is I don't think my embedded album art is all at a low enough resolution to be displayed. Assuming the Seat system is the same as the other vag brands I think it may by 500 pixels Max? Is this red collared lead supplied or something extra cost?

Not meaning to hijack your RR thread Scott, I guess I can ask these questions in the main forums,

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.