AndrewJB's MK3 Leon Cupra 420ps

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
What plans do you have for this one then, or are they waiting on til the warranty expires

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Car is due to be picked up on the 1st with its first modification already done, its booked in on the 2nd for a set of these.

volkswagenracingsprings_1_1_1_1_1_2.jpg

Last edited:

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
Have to admit, always said I wouldn't buy a grey/silver/black car from new BUT I've seen a couple of monsoon grey FRs and it's possibly the nicest Leon colour atm.

Has anyone managed to open up the ECUs to remap them yet? I know they were having trouble at one point.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Probably going to be adding one of these as well on the 2nd.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Have to admit, always said I wouldn't buy a grey/silver/black car from new BUT I've seen a couple of monsoon grey FRs and it's possibly the nicest Leon colour atm.

Has anyone managed to open up the ECUs to remap them yet? I know they were having trouble at one point.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

APR have I think

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Several companies have had a go at software on the the Golf R and S3 so far although none are commercially available yet. The 280 uses a very similar engine/turbo/ecu set up as it's German cousins.

No companies have managed to do it yet with a "fix" for the inevitable checksum change as a result of an ecu flash which, when the car goes in to the main stealer for a service/warranty repair, will flash up as warranty invalidated. Hopefully the tuners will have a solution for this soon though :)

Beware of visual inspections logging TD1 in the event that your car has to go in with teething problems once it has springs/intakes etc AJB.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Sounds interesting. How will that work with regard to things like memory that the car now logs? And how would you go about having it programmed to suit ?