AndrewJB's MK3 Leon Cupra 420ps

cybman

Apr 21, 2014
gorgeous car, congrats

im stll waiting for mine :(

i ordered with bucket you know if the winter pack is included? i think the bucket is heated...

how i can see if i have a heated windshield wiper ?

Regards

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
Flipping blimey, they were expensive. Ordered them at the local VW place, 24 quid each! Got the chrome key cap, too...

Mar 13, 2011
Flipping blimey, they were expensive. Ordered them at the local VW place, 24 quid each! Got the chrome key cap, too...

What am I missing by not having these fan washers? The standard ones seem to squirt fluid onto the screen, so I am intrigued.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
What am I missing by not having these fan washers? The standard ones seem to squirt fluid onto the screen, so I am intrigued.

The old style ones (3 prongs) are really old fashioned, the MK2 had fan ones so the MK3 should have them

Few photos from last night of the interior LED

Got some big updates coming in a few hours..

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
So I promised some updates 1 day into owning it and here they are!

Car was dropped off at Volkswagen Racing this morning at 9am for some fettling.

1. Volkswagen Racing springs, they measured before and after and roughly 20-25mm lower

VWR Promotional photo, car sits a lot better now than OEM.

2. Volkswagen Racing Cup intake

Original air intake

Volkswagen Racing are releasing a "more expensive,better,more OEM looking" intake soon which is being tested on the Golf R, it needs modification to fit the Cupra.. so will get that once its out.

The car was supposed to be having the Brembo 370mm brake kit fitted today aswell but we need to think about this now as they wont fit under the standard wheels... the best option is to fit 10mm spacers

Mar 13, 2011
You planing on a lot of track days then? I always thought the standard brakes on our old mk2 were ace (for road use anyway). The standard 280 brakes seem equally ace to me. Can understand the need if the car is going to do a lot of track miles, otherwise the standard set up is ideal I reckon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
You planing on a lot of track days then? I always thought the standard brakes on our old mk2 were ace (for road use anyway). The standard 280 brakes seem equally ace to me. Can understand the need if the car is going to do a lot of track miles, otherwise the standard set up is ideal I reckon.

What sort of power was your old MK2 putting out?

Mar 13, 2011
It was stock as will the 280 be (staying). But for me the standard set up was / is fine for the road.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.