Cordobas left in uk

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I wish there were that many of my current car ever!

I just last month properly removed my old 2.0 16v SX from the register

I do miss my old Vario though :(

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I spoke too soon about feeling exclusive as a white cordoba vario tdi with a carp crew sticker on the back of it passed me going down the Boucher road yesterday. I couldn't see if it was an SE or SXE though. Mine's a SE model. That and there's one for sale on ebay at the minute with 173,000 miles for £195 :( . I hope mine is worth more than that.

n31l

May 18, 2010
I have a red Cordoba 2ltr 16valve! Not many left and those that are left (like mine) must be getting shabby, my air con pump went the other day! £300 for a new one! Or can try and re-route the belt so that it bypasses it! Also my rear shock has just gone :( boo! Anyone know of any being broken up? Not sure if I should sell as done 102300 ish miles now and getting expensive :(
Do love it though!

Also, I believe there are on 25 left of these! Not sure though!

Last edited:

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Keep her lit. Has the clutch pulley on the aircon pump gone? Is that why you need to re-route the drive belt? Refurb it yourself. Mine needs a bit of TLC but itks getting the time and the weather to do it. Mines oil, coolant and fuel leak but only slight ones so they are hard to trace. Will have to get flourescent die to assist in the hunt.

n31l

May 18, 2010
I think that's the case, and as Ihave very klittle mechanical know how, I don't think I'd be able to referb it myself :( also time and weather constraints are a bugger for me too! I also have a rear shock on the way out, which is annoying! really need to think about the financial viability of keeping her going :( when I bought her, she was just a car for me to get the family about in, but since then things have happened and I've grown really attached to her :)
Trouble with old cars is parts become harder and harder to find :( huff

Any help with websites or places to get parts would be brilliant! Good luck with your search for the mystic leaks!

L16YDW

Big Beefy Boy
Dec 1, 2014
Norfolk
I know of an immaculate Cordoba, Red 1998 SE 2 owners from new, 65k and mint inside and out, the interior looks unused.

Was a friends up until last month when it was sold on to a work mate.

Last year it had all the supension replaced, shocks, springs, wishbones, drop links, all bushes. Plus full wheel refurb. Truley mint. He managed to get £1000 for it.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Yes indeedy I 2nd that on more info needed. I also saw another white cordoba tdi vario the other day so I definately need to make mine different with four wheel drive. :D

Last edited:

reida1994

Feb 22, 2015
I'll take pictures soon. But basically, we cut up an Octavia 1.8t 4wd. We've got the engine mounts welded in so far, we've dummy fitted the transmission tunnel. Once that's welded in we can then mount the haldex coupling at the back.

petra.petra

Jun 14, 2015
I have a red Cordoba 2ltr 16valve! Not many left and those that are left (like mine) must be getting shabby, my air con pump went the other day! £300 for a new one! Or can try and re-route the belt so that it bypasses it! Also my rear shock has just gone :( boo! Anyone know of any being broken up? Not sure if I should sell as done 102300 ish miles now and getting expensive :(
Do love it though!

Also, I believe there are on 25 left of these! Not sure though!

I've just taken the hard choice to let go of my cordoba sx 2ltr 1999.
I'm not wanting to scrap it but I have till Friday to do something with it.
Mot runs out at the end of the month but still runs great. Just looks a mess.
Does anyone know of anyone that's looking for a do up project or a car for spares? I want it to go to a person that can get something out of it and not end up as a cube of scrap.
Sorry if my etiquette isn't correct but I've not posted on anything like this before.

petra.petra

Jun 14, 2015
Thanks for the feedback. Time restraints won't allow for eBay etc.
I'm in gtr. Manchester and don't have a clue as to price.