Seat Leon FR+ 2012 Black (newb with no mechanical knowledge)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looking good, out of curiosity what did It cost to have the valance painted

Cheers. It actually looks much better in person. I'm really pleased with the job they've done. Cost me £100.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Better pic now the sun is out and sponge in hand:
PieFpqw.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So... after copying many ideas off here... I wanted to do something to make my car look more individual. Make it stand out. I've not been able to find anything similar (maybe that's for a reason) but... just got it back from CarPerfection.

5TDnj1V.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Lottie Davies’x

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
New plates are on yay! Wasn't as complicated as I thought and my favourite 3 words from the insurance "no premium increase".

NR4I8nE.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmm... didn't realise how tinted the rear window is... maybe I should have gone for white:

jwTz8v2.jpg

Last edited:

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro
i like it.

Can be easy to look down on original styling attempts but I like the big bold black/red thing going on :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Liking the look, want to go a bit more different paint the wing mirror covers red too

Cheers. I'm considering doing the mirrors in the same red. Also, looking at a spoiler that adds on to the original (leaving the original black and spraying the additional red).

i like it.

Can be easy to look down on original styling attempts but I like the big bold black/red thing going on :)

Thanks. It's difficult like for example with the splitter. I used photoshop to try and get an idea what it would look like. But until its sprayed and on the car, I couldn't know for sure. So its always a risk. Plus trying to hold back and not go crazy with the red paint.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Replaced sticker with exterior one now I've realised the windows tinted. Also new Bosch wipers front and rear to replace the Valeo ones that gave out after 5 months.

QAtTnim.jpg

Finally got round to spraying the wheel caps blaaaaaack:

gL0sWK2.jpg

Now just need to decide if I want these centers again:

TTDea4K.png

Or these:

PUkn5ss.jpg

Last edited:

leonfr350

Apr 12, 2016
Thats a good lookin fr. Bit like myself doing it bit by bit when funds allow it. Like the mats also !!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh and get a spoiler and do it red, then I would think the theme is complete

Hmmm, I want one of these... but in red, not orange. But I can't see them on their website for the FR. And also am worried about glueing on something that big!

je-design-seat-leon-05.jpg

Thats a good lookin fr. Bit like myself doing it bit by bit when funds allow it. Like the mats also !!

Cheers :D

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Another trip to MidlandVW over the weekend and these are my new toys:
h5ruFQm.jpg

nZFLIP6.jpg

H&R antiroll bars front and rear fitted (didn't realise the FR already had a rear... oh well). And short shifter.

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Hmmm, I want one of these... but in red, not orange. But I can't see them on their website for the FR. And also am worried about glueing on something that big!

je-design-seat-leon-05.jpg

Cheers :D

Fitment will be the same on all facelift Leons if they list them for other models.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Fitment will be the same on all facelift Leons if they list them for other models.

Grrr... emailed the manufacturer:
"This spoiler was a prototype. It was made just one time. It is not available."

I'm now looking at a Cupra R spoiler... but need to do some photoshopping first to see how it would look in red.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Center caps... blaaaaaaack:
6aLLicy.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise