Lime Green Cupra K1 - Hybrid turbo

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Plumbed the water meth wires through the car , can’t see any now , also mounted the controller unit under the double din , just need to feed the wires through the fire wall to he battery in next couple of days

5vqfs2.jpg

bfi92o.jpg

14kcqaa.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just refitted the sump and put a new pick
Up in, was a few lumps in it but not to much, the
Oil pick was clogged , also bolted the water meth pump and tank into the boot of the car when the gasket sealant was drying

Has the ticking noise stopped?

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Much much quieter can barely hear it in tick over now. It is still there a little bit but not much I hvent had a chance to go high revs yet , maybe a pipe still blocked abit , a good run may dis lodge any remaining stuff in pipe, definetely recommend doing it

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Well I thought I had nearly put the water meth in but had so many more wires to do , wired it to the ignition so it arms it’s self when I turn the key , also fed the wire, boost line and squirt line through the fire wall, I ordered revo throttle pipe and had a email saying it’s out of stock , so I’ve had to buy a cts one for £210 . Here’s a video of the nozzle squirting

e5snjc.jpg

117ema0.jpg

View My Video

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Well I thought I had nearly put the water meth in but had so many more wires to do , wired it to the ignition so it arms it’s self when I turn the key , also fed the wire, boost line and squirt line through the fire wall, I ordered revo throttle pipe and had a email saying it’s out of stock , so I’ve had to buy a cts one for £210 . Here’s a video of the nozzle squirting

e5snjc.jpg

117ema0.jpg

View My Video
We have the same matts

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
You got orange mats lol?

I have just got. Email saying the cts throttle pipe will be delivered tomorrow . So hopefully will get it in either Friday morning or Saturday morning depending on what I’m working along with the water meth kit . I have been advised to use the largest nozzle and set the psi maximum rate at 30 psi so it never reaches 1000cc flow rate as mine is aiming for about 800, aem say this will give me best power through the full rev range starting at 6 psi , also getting. Race silencer in as the one I had put in 4 weeks ago is way to restrictive

( this car is going to shooting 5 foot flames with the water meth in :clap: )

wam5qp.jpg

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Well this has just came , but the water meth injection hole is just to low for me as aem state it has to be within 6/8 inch’s from the throttle body, so I will be drilling and tapping a new injection hole higher up the pipe tonight while I’m at work

2wnz5zc.jpg

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Well just got the car theottle pipe in and water meth in and all I can say is wow it feels like the cars been remapped again, it is ridiculous , the power is just beserk! In the same league as my friends 510 bhp C63,

The throttle pipe was a nightmare to get in as it was so close to the fans , but it’s in and I’m
More then happy !! Car spools up much sooner then normal and the throttle pipe has made my dump valve so. Much louder , sounds the dogs bollocks

2hnc09v.jpg

15npxkn.jpg

Last edited:

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Well just got the car theottle pipe in and water meth in and all I can say is wow it feels like the cars been remapped again, it is ridiculous , the power is just beserk! In the same league as my friends 510 bhp C63,

The throttle pipe was a nightmare to get in as it was so close to the fans , but it’s in and I’m
More then happy !! Car spools up much sooner then normal and the throttle pipe has made my dump valve so. Much louder , sounds the dogs bollocks

2hnc09v.jpg

15npxkn.jpg
Is them gains just with the pipe? Or with using the meth. Ive always looked at the throttle pipe and wondered why they stuck it in pancake style

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I have fitted them both at the same time then took it for a test spin, it is day and night compared to before , if you are looking to get the pipe , you can get the water meth kit for £320 on google shop, the noise of the dump valve has changed and it seems as it spools sooner then before aswell , the oem pipe is very restrictive , terrible design

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
You would have thought that because it was a narrower pipe as stock the air would be more pressured so a higher psi. The bigger pipe has more air flow but more room for the air to go?? Need some logging really.

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
There’s some on the golfgti forum , 10-12 whp when they throttle pipe and turbo pipe on the other side , I think it is more to do with the smoothness of the air , more direct flow , I could be wrong though!

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
There’s some on the golfgti forum , 10-12 whp when they throttle pipe and turbo pipe on the other side , I think it is more to do with the smoothness of the air , more direct flow , I could be wrong though!
Im booked back in with rtech for a map tweak on my stage 2 as previously it only made 323bhp and ive since changed thinks il be happy with 340+ for now

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I’m posistive I read it gives gains as someone had a before and after dyno on a mk5 golf gti with both the pipes done , mine has definetely improved but don’t know how much is because of throttled pipe or water meth,

Lee you should get water/meth , I bet it will add atleast 20 bhp / 20 ft lbs

Last edited:

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I’m posistive I read it gives gains as someone had a before and after dyno on a mk5 golf gti with both the pipes done , mine has definetely improved but don’t know how much is because of throttled pipe or water meth,

Lee you should get water/meth , I bet it will add atleast 20 bhp / 20 ft lbs
Your a madman...im not even at 2+ yet lol

Next you'll be adding octane booster to your petrol tank lol

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
No more additives for me except injector cleaner , the engine flush nearly wrote my engine off [:@] anyways normal fuel with meth = 107 Ron I believe , the engine just can’t take advantage of it without a specific tune but if you get the tune and the water meth fails it = dead engine , not worth the risk I don’t think Lol