Fording / wading depth

seateca

Jun 11, 2017
Where can i find this information to know what is the safe depth on flooded roads?

LCR33

Aug 18, 2014
In a house
You just need to make sure no water gets into the air intake system check your intercooler and air filter heights.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
To be honest, other than needing to cross a proper ford, I'd give deliberate wading a miss as water will end up in more places than the inlet tract and that could lead to long term issues.

These are just "soft roaders" at best, more a fashion statement than anything else, they are not Land Rover Defenders or Toyota Land Cruisers etc.

Enjoy it and keep it out of trouble!

Tell

Staff member
I did do a ford when there was a road closure in Essex on a divert. Thought well I got the car for it as one went round a bend and found the ford sign. Disconcerting thing it triggered the parking sensors so the water was close enough to them to start that off. Without getting out and wading myself don't know how deep it was but as rum4mo says best to keep out of water if you can help it.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The parking sensors on my wife's August 2015 sometimes react to heavy rain, trouble seems to be that the current range of PDC systems are enabled at all times but should not react to anything is the car is travelling above a certain speed, gets a bit disconcerting at times.

Wading, when I had a VX Cav GSI 2000 4x4 saloon, there was an extreme down pour of rain round about a busy commuting time of day, the local police forced all of us on to the opposite carriage way and half on verve and half on road through extremely deep water, I did not feel too good about having to comply, a few years later the Cat started to rattle, it having a ceramic core probably suffered thermal shock that day - but what can you do? I seem to remember that that day's commute was about 4 hours instead of 30 minutes for a 10 mile run, grid lock every where.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.