Which fuse to check after changing faulty Throttle Body?

Hojo

Feb 21, 2016
Bit of a long shot, but I've read that often when the throttle body develops a fault that it can blow a fuse. I have recently swapped out the faulty one due to code (P2111) for a refurbed part but still have a faulty code that will not clear or erase (P0123).

Car is a 59 plate, 1.6 TDI Ibiza, with CAYC engine.

I'm wondering if the fuse has blown...does anyone know which one to check? I have noticed there are fuses under the steering wheel in the cabin and next to the battery under the bonnet. I've looked in the manual but it's not clear which fuse it would be.

Thanks

Hojo

Feb 21, 2016
Yes, supposedly, since fitting the refurbed throttle body it's showing P0123. But cleared the orginal P2111 code.

So I took to garage to re-adapt but they couldn't clear the code with vagcom, they suspect the refurbed part is faulty and quoted £360 for new part and to fit.

But I don't think they checked the fuse and I wanted to rule it out before spending more money.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Okay, so ask them what happened when they attempted to run basic settings/adaption on that TB, was it successful - or did it not even start that procedure, if it was successful then any fuse associated with this TB should be okay, if it did not even start to run that procedure then that should point to duff wiring or duff TB or maybe, if there is a dedicated fuse, a duff fuse.

Last edited: