Help me

kane

Jan 13, 2018
ok so having a slight problem with my seat Ibiza fr 2014 3 door manual 1.2 tsi.

I have recently replaced the clutch in the car after it was slipping, they run on a solid flywheel so made sure it wasn't glazed or scored and the clutch is lined up correctly (used alignment tool) put everything back together car drives perfect biting point is where it should be etc.

My problem comes with the fact that when in 4th gear 5th gear and I try to accelerate hard (pedal to the floor) the car will jerk or splutter like the clutch slips and the re-engages it only seems to do this around the time the turbo would kick in and if I slowly press the pedal and let it build up it will not do it ?

I recently noticed as well that the pressure release valve for the camshaft casing that attaches to the pipe that then attaches to the air filter pipe to the turbo has broken off which leads me to believe that It could act as extra boost when the turbo kicks in and it isn't receiving it because its broke is this correct?

Last edited:

MIH11MI6

Nov 28, 2017
Norwich/ Crewe
It'll be giving an incorrect boost reading and messes with everything, Those things are a sod i've had issues with them breaking really easily on so many cars, I'd get that replaced ASAP and go from there.

Sep 14, 2021
ok so having a slight problem with my seat Ibiza fr 2014 3 door manual 1.2 tsi.

I have recently replaced the clutch in the car after it was slipping, they run on a solid flywheel so made sure it wasn't glazed or scored and the clutch is lined up correctly (used alignment tool) put everything back together car drives perfect biting point is where it should be etc.

My problem comes with the fact that when in 4th gear 5th gear and I try to accelerate hard (pedal to the floor) the car will jerk or splutter like the clutch slips and the re-engages it only seems to do this around the time the turbo would kick in and if I slowly press the pedal and let it build up it will not do it ?

I recently noticed as well that the pressure release valve for the camshaft casing that attaches to the pipe that then attaches to the air filter pipe to the turbo has broken off which leads me to believe that It could act as extra boost when the turbo kicks in and it isn't receiving it because its broke is this correct?
Hi did you fix/find the problem? My car is doing the exact same thing!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members