Webasto Diagram for Climatronic 1M 05 FR

andymc

Mar 20, 2017
Hi Guys, I had a search around for the topic but couldn't find a decent place to add this, I recently put a 4kw webasto evo top on my Leon and nobody anywhere (including Seat) could give me any advice on any aux function in the climtronic module.

If anybody is considering doing this, I would suggest that the 'webasto climatronic relay' is overkill and not the ideal solution for the 1M with climatronic, by all means you can integrate it but to power the fans and flaps etc to get them in the best position for defrost I suggest powering pin D1 on the climatronic unit when the webasto is on.
It seems after much google translation that many users in germany seem to report that this D1 pin interferes with the normal running of the heating when the engine is running (as I observed) so I added an inhibitor relay to disable D1 power when the ignition is at position 2 (Engine Running / Climatronic powered as normal).

I've uploaded the diagram to flickr that I've currently implemented just in case anybody else ever wants it. I can't seem to post a url however as I've not posted 15 times.

https://flic.kr/p/EHiXBz

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Hi there.

That's a nice mod but isn't the Climatronic working? Or doesn't it work under severe cold weather?
Or maybe you just like to ride to work on your shorts and t-shirt..!:rofl:

andymc

Mar 20, 2017
Yeah, shorts and t-shirt are valid for me all year round now. Yaaasss.

Maybe I didn't explain enough, I also have the T100 htm remote so I can see the temp in the car before I get in and start the heater and climatronic remotely rather than just quickly heat the car when the engine is started.

The climatronic works just fine but the defrost mode wasn't overridden on mine when the ignition was on, and the climatronic didn't switch on either when parked and say listening to the radio on 'ignition position 1',
and also the 'webasto climatronic kit' is expensive £100+ and a relay from halfords or maplin will be about £4.

Maybe a bit pedantic but all works seamlessly now and haven't experienced any failure to heat issues yet.

Just thought somebody might benefit from it too.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.