Warning lights... (ABS & TCS)

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Just there on Sunday I removed the coilovers from the car and put (Almost new) OEM FR suspension on in its place... when fitting apart from the odd swear word here and there the suspension went on perfect.

The car drives fine but got an odd knocking noise (I have a worn ARB bush) and still have the droplinks to change to OEM ... I'm fitting new droplinks and ARB bushes later on tonight hopefully.

Since replacing the suspension I had PAS, ABS & TCS warning lights on and the steering was very stiff ... the car drove fine otherwise.

Today I went out to the car and the PAS light isn't on anymore and the steering is fine, but I still have the ABS & TCS warning lights on, they don't respond when I press the TCS button... we didn't disconnect any sensors or move any either ... any idea what might be the case.

We did disconnect the balljoint to move the brake discs down a bit to get the bottom of the strut in place though, thats about it.

Not ran VAG-COM on it yet, any ideas?

Cheers

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I reckon you have a dodgy connection to one of the front ABS sensors or you have knocked one of them and damaged it, it is possable that you have some dirt or crud stuck in the encoder that the sensor moniters

I think the ABS and TCS use the same sensors so it would follow that it is a sensor fault

Potts

ye sounds like a sensor to me. had the same problem last year after my car had been in for a service. turned out to be the rear drivers side sensor, luckily i managed to get it replaced under the waranty!!! crazy thing is that my car has just been in for another service and the same bloody problem has happend again!! hopefully get it done under the waranty again!

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Ran VAG-COM on the car last night and it picked up ABS Sensor Left Side as intermittent... will need to get the wheels off and take a look.

I changed back to FR suspension as I'm sick of the condition of the roads round here, the difference in daily driving is amazing... looks a lot better lowered but it gets to a stage you couldn't care less.