SEAT Media System

Black D

Hi

I am looking at specing the SEAT Media System on a new Leon, and just wanted to know if:

1) It's worth the extra cash
2) The Sat-Nav is any good and does it come with European mapping.

Also I've read that if you spec black wheels on an FR you get black mirror covers instead of the silver/grey ones. Is this true, as this would be a nice bonus? :D

Thanks

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
1) Yes it is worth the extra cash to have intergrated Sat nav with an SD MP3/wma media player (especialy if you are having blutooth anyway because it is included)

2)The Sat Nav is quite good. The UK one aonly come with major roads of Europe but you can get extra maps and add them to the SD card (Maps can run from the SD).

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Hi

I am looking at specing the SEAT Media System on a new Leon, and just wanted to know if:

1) It's worth the extra cash
2) The Sat-Nav is any good and does it come with European mapping.

Also I've read that if you spec black wheels on an FR you get black mirror covers instead of the silver/grey ones. Is this true, as this would be a nice bonus? :D

Thanks

I had the same dilema but after some research on the unit thought it was good value for a factory fit unit.

1) Deffo worth the cash as includes bluetooth which is a £210 option on its own. The ability to downlaod the map cd onto an SD card for faster access is a nice enhancment and frees up the CD player. You can also load music onto the SD card as well and display seems very clear and easy to use.

2) It seems very good and is also used in the VW Polo and Touran and is better looking IMO than the standard unit.

Black wheels no longer come with black mirrors as of build week 42 I believe which is a real shame, the same goes for a Cupra with white wheels does not have white mirrors either. A bizzare spec change if you ask me.

Marino

Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham
Black wheels no longer come with black mirrors as of build week 42 I believe which is a real shame, the same goes for a Cupra with white wheels does not have white mirrors either. A bizzare spec change if you ask me.

Well the mirrors are the trademark of the model...

Black D

Thanks for the posts :thumbup:

I'll order the black mirrors as well, I think it may look a little too messy silver mirrors black wheels. As jezyg says looks better with matching collar and cuffs :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.