possible best mod eveeeer

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
As soon as i get confirmation on a q i asked to dave at sere about the ball joints/struts ill b legging it to skoda manchester waving a privalige card! I think ill try different combinations of strut/popper hope it works or the parts are goin straight back!!

May 7, 2011
North East, UK
I have to have this ... that is one of the best things i have seen ...
Sure as hell makes it easier when you have your hands full from the supermarket.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
Mine is pre facelift yes a 57 plate. I simply got a pair of skoda octavia boot struts, fit them and recoded and it worked fine. The only downside of using second hand struts is getting the clips to stay in and in all honestly it doesn't work as well I would hope. If it a very cold day the boot won't pop open on its own. That is probably down to the struts though and i would recommend getting some brand new ones as they don't cost much more

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Mine is pre facelift yes a 57 plate. I simply got a pair of skoda octavia boot struts, fit them and recoded and it worked fine. The only downside of using second hand struts is getting the clips to stay in and in all honestly it doesn't work as well I would hope. If it a very cold day the boot won't pop open on its own. That is probably down to the struts though and i would recommend getting some brand new ones as they don't cost much more

Part num just for refence?

Dale_tem

Feb 9, 2012
I'm extremely interested as it would be nice to open the boot before I get there, not having to put stuff down to open the boot and put stuff in.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
if someone can confirm the strut part numbers then its something i would do in the week :)

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Part nums are posted already for fabia estate struts. Iv not had a chance to fone skoda so itll b monday. Scirocco bumpers would be worth a try as there only afew quid. All experimental stuff at the moment.

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
*** WARNING ***

The struts from the Fabia (6Y0 827 550C) are NOT suitable for the FL Leon. They are considerably stronger and do lift the tailgate well but they are about 3" shorter and the tailgate will not open fully. It stops about 18" short of normal.

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
It may be possible that it will work on the pre FL Leon, they use a different strut to the FL Leon.

The fully extended length of the Fabia strut is 460mm.
The fully extended length of the FL Leon strut is 515mm.

If someone can check the length of the pre FL struts, they may be suitable.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.