DIY Sub £50 Digital LCD Arduino boost gauge

Muzza1742

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2011
Stoke
yeah mate it should work with any kind of turbo :)

I'll post up my latest code with the oil temp and boost in a bit

Muzza1742

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2011
Stoke
just pull the clocks out and ease the clips out so you can pull the front off them.
i trimmed the hole a little bigger to fit the 16x2 display with a stanley knife and under that i had to hack away quite a lot of white plastic to fit my lcd into it.

This is whats under the plastic front:

No where near big enough by Muzza1742, on Flickr

and this is what was left of it once i'd finished

Much more room by Muzza1742, on Flickr

and the fitted lcd:

Test fit by Muzza1742, on Flickr

you could easily cut down on the hacking if you changed the lcd to a normal hd4770 one instead of the serial unit i used.

Its held in place just by pushing the front back onto it

Muzza1742

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2011
Stoke
sorry mate i just aint got the time at the min, sorting out my bumpers and doing the decorating in the house is taking most of my spare time.
if you want a professional version i would check out zada-tech. they aint cheap but you would get proper support if anything went wrong and finished code (mines still a bit work in progress and ive still got to integrate the ODB2 adaptor)

Muzza1742

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2011
Stoke
if you mean the whole plastic front then its only held on by 6-8 clips. just need to lift the tabs and it pulls off and pushes back on again

Keithslippery

Slippery
Sep 11, 2009
Looking good Muzza, ive been tempted to purchase the parts as the fitting I can do, just the electronics Im not too good at lol..
I just keep on reading different pages on the net about it, then its, do I or dont I.

Last edited:

WEZ1963

Jun 11, 2014
Merseyside
Firstly, apologies in advance for bumping a 2+ year old thread. :whistle:

Secondly, is there anyone on here that could build and fit one of these to my LCR? :confused:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.