Seat Leon mk1 2003 130 TDI Remote locking problem

slickbone

Apr 4, 2010
Hi all!

I hope someone can shed some light as to what is happening here.

There are lots of posts with regards to remote locking issues but have found some of my symptoms have not been the same.

The problem is, central locking will not lock the car when I double press lock on my key fob. This is what I did to try and isolate the issue:

1. Double clicked unlock on key fob all doors open.
:(
2. Turned on ignition car starts up closed the drivers door, interior lights remain on and also the red/white light on the drivers lower door.

3. Double checked all doors were closed including boot, lights remain on.

4. Turned off the engine closed driver’s door, interior lights remain on and the red/white light on the drivers lower door.

5. Double clicked the lock on on key fob. Car doors do not lock, nothing happens, no mechanical sound at all. The light on the key fob does flash when pressed.

The only way to lock the car is to open the driver’s door, press the lock button on the driver’s door panel, which then all doors lock and can hear the doors mechanically lock and then close the driver’s door. Then I have to insert the key into the driver’s door and turn to lock.

However, I noticed the boot was not locked and I have to manually put the key in to lock that.

It sounds as if the lock module in the drivers door has gone but if that was the case, I wouldn't be able to unlock the car...

Really hope someone can explain the locking issue and why the interior lights stay on.

Cheers!

slickbone

Apr 4, 2010
Ok so went to the garage today and the lock mechanism module in the drivers door has had it.

Just thought I'd update.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
If I was you I would look at replacing the others as they tend to go shortly after - oh and remember to seal the door carriers while you are at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members