Stupid Sport Gauges

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
So have 1 really annoying negative on my cupra. The sports gauges, the one that tell you the amount of power the car is producing, always changes to temp reading when i start the car, even though i already have one of the other ones set to temp. Its drives me mad

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Mine change sometimes and other times stay as I've set them. Hardly use them though, would prefer proper gauges as they have in the Focus but as SEAT have gone all digital dash now no chance of that.

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
So have 1 really annoying negative on my cupra. The sports gauges, the one that tell you the amount of power the car is producing, always changes to temp reading when i start the car, even though i already have one of the other ones set to temp. Its drives me mad

I have this issue on mine also. The far left gauge changes almost daily from boost PSI to the geforce dial. Ive put it down to a Spanish annoyance :whistle:.

Last edited:

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I have this - stupidly annoying! When I told Seat about it, they said a software update would fix it...yet tried to charge me for it, even whilst my car is still in warranty...

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue) Stage 2

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
I have this - stupidly annoying! When I told Seat about it, they said a software update would fix it...yet tried to charge me for it, even whilst my car is still in warranty...

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue) Stage 2

Had car now for 2½ years and 3 services, never gets any sw updates even though I explicitly ask for it... It's a scam.

iang27

Mar 30, 2018
Did anyone ever suss out why these gauges change after you have set them ?
It appears to be the left gauge keeps changing to GeForce even though I chose psi previously.

Cupra_Jay_300

Now: Magnetic Grey 290 LUX. Then: Nevada White 300
Jan 25, 2018
Did anyone ever suss out why these gauges change after you have set them ?
It appears to be the left gauge keeps changing to GeForce even though I chose psi previously.

Exactly the same for me too :blink:

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I just phoned Seat in Preston (local dealer) and they just played dumb - well I hope they were playing dumb!

They don’t do software updates apparently.

Read somewhere that I’ll get better luck with Blackpool dealer so going to give them a call shortly and see if I can play them off the Preston dealer and get some decent customer service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I just phoned Seat in Preston (local dealer) and they just played dumb - well I hope they were playing dumb!

They don’t do software updates apparently.

Read somewhere that I’ll get better luck with Blackpool dealer so going to give them a call shortly and see if I can play them off the Preston dealer and get some decent customer service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackpool SEAT ( COX motor group ) are pretty good for service work.

The service manager Simon is a pretty good guy to deal with.