Maxton Design Sideskirts

Steelywhisper

Jul 28, 2016
Ireland
I've seen them but they dont have them in Nevada white so I'd have to get them painted which is going to cost more again on top of that price

Deleted member 103408

I have the front, side and soon to be fitted rear items and i prefer them to the Seat painted ones but its a personal choice. One thing my fitter did say when i asked about having them painted was the bottom of the car takes a lot of punishment (stones etc) and you will get a lot of chip marks on the paint.

Anyway check out my pics in signature and you can see front and side items in gloss black.

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
I have the front, side and soon to be fitted rear items and i prefer them to the Seat painted ones but its a personal choice. One thing my fitter did say when i asked about having them painted was the bottom of the car takes a lot of punishment (stones etc) and you will get a lot of chip marks on the paint.

Anyway check out my pics in signature and you can see front and side items in gloss black.

I'm guessing you didn't install the sides, but just by chance you happen to have the install manual for them?
Want to know ho hard are they to install and if any drilling is needed.

Deleted member 103408

No i got my local body shop to do the work, I will take some photo's in the morning but my assumption is that they are screwed as it comes with them in the kit.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
tempted by the maxton sideskirts, rear valance and spoiler extension, however.

I sent Maxton an email basically saying I notice you only list for 5 door not 3 door, any plans to release 3 door, there response was a very blunt no....

Great customer service.

Deleted member 103408

wow in this day and age you would think retail business would want more but obviously not.

Just been on the EU site and seen the following

Please check the package for any potential damages before you sign receipt
All eventual damages should be claimed to the courier (courier should note all damages on your copy
of delivery receipt and you should make insurance claim for all damages caused in transport)

Anyway all I can say is I am happy with the goods

G_Beserk I have checked this morning and yes they are screwed in place, not sure if they bonded it as well but there are only online instructions for the front splitter

I can confirm though (and when weather lets me do it) the rear splitter is also bolted on and has sticky pads as well.

Deleted member 103408

Yes, it just uses 6 bolds and some stick stuff to hold it in place

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
wow in this day and age you would think retail business would want more but obviously not.

Just been on the EU site and seen the following

Please check the package for any potential damages before you sign receipt
All eventual damages should be claimed to the courier (courier should note all damages on your copy
of delivery receipt and you should make insurance claim for all damages caused in transport)

Anyway all I can say is I am happy with the goods

G_Beserk I have checked this morning and yes they are screwed in place, not sure if they bonded it as well but there are only online instructions for the front splitter

I can confirm though (and when weather lets me do it) the rear splitter is also bolted on and has sticky pads as well.

Thanks!

I wonder if they are bolted to the chassis or some clips like OEM sideskirts.

Probably the easiest way is to ask them directly but judging by the answer they gave to AndrewJB I'm not holding my hopes high :banned:

Deleted member 103408

Thanks!

I wonder if they are bolted to the chassis or some clips like OEM sideskirts.

Probably the easiest way is to ask them directly but judging by the answer they gave to AndrewJB I'm not holding my hopes high :banned:

All that came with them was some (I thought Bolts but maybe it was screws) there were certainly no clips of any kind. When I asked Maxton for fitting instructions they told me to take them to a body shop to get them fitted.... i know some guys have fitted front splitter with just self tapping screws but mine are bolted. One word of warning though if you have mud flaps you will have to cut them to fit around the side skirt as they are full length.

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
tempted by the maxton sideskirts, rear valance and spoiler extension, however.

I sent Maxton an email basically saying I notice you only list for 5 door not 3 door, any plans to release 3 door, there response was a very blunt no....

Great customer service.
I ordered these late last year when they stated they did fit the 3 door........then followed many photos and calls as they didn't believe they didn't fit the 3 door. Got refunded eventually after returning them and I noticed they now have it in the ad that they're for 5 door and ST only.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk