Injector seat sealant??

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I’m planning to give my PCV system an overhaul. I have decided to take the inlet manifold off to get better access to it. Car is a LCR BAM engine.
Whilst doing this I thought I should sort out the weeping from the injectors. I can’t tell exactly what is leaking so I have new o-rings and new injector seats.

I’ve read a lot on various forums about changing the injector seats, but I’m still unclear about what type of sealant to use on the injector seats.
Some people have stated using Loctite 243 blue (medium strength) but that’s a thread-locker not a thread sealant.
Now I had assumed that I’m trying to seal the threads, rather than lock them from coming loose.

What have people used to seal the threads and can you comment on experiences good or bad?
My car is a daily driver - I want to do this job and get it right first time.

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Did you end up using loctite? I'm replacing mine also after finding yet another boost leak

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Sorry. I can’t help. I took the manifold off when I overhauled the pcv system. I cleaned up the manifold and the filth around the injector seats and decided not to replace them. They’ve been dry as a bone since.:coolthumb

I bought permatex high temp thread sealant (#59214) off eBay. And I bought the jumbo Allen key too!!:cry:

I replaced the lower injector seals at the same time.

Good luck with yours.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise