Tyre Pressures

rocket3

Oct 9, 2017
Stevenage
I've dropped the pressures on my cupra to 2.1 bar (30.5 psi) and the ride has improved plus I get less wheelspin and wheel hop, also significantly less crashing over bumps.
Recently I read an article about Seat UK entering an ST cupra in a hillclimb. The only modification being reducing front tyre pressures and increasing rears (to^increase grip^).
I havnt tried upping rear pressures yet but I may try dropping all pressures down to 2.0 bar.
Don't know why they have them so high in the first place.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I've dropped the pressures on my cupra to 2.1 bar (30.5 psi) and the ride has improved plus I get less wheelspin and wheel hop, also significantly less crashing over bumps.
Recently I read an article about Seat UK entering an ST cupra in a hillclimb. The only modification being reducing front tyre pressures and increasing rears (to^increase grip^).
I havnt tried upping rear pressures yet but I may try dropping all pressures down to 2.0 bar.
Don't know why they have them so high in the first place.

Be careful dropping them, I found the P Zero's I had on a previous Cupra ( same size) appeared to be more susceptible to sidewall damage with lower pressures. It could just have been bad luck, but since keeping pressures up to OEM settings I've had no sidewall issues despite clattering several potholes, although no longer on Pirelli's.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Clearly I didn’t pay attention to the manual very well, mine says the same as jepsonj mentioned ref the comfort setting.

What does that really mean though? Am I going to be get decreased performance and handling on lower PSI? Would the comfort setting be best for a long motorway drive for example?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.