Water in spare wheel well (Again)

JamieD

Jan 1, 2018
Hi guys the car has been away for a while getting things sorted with it under warranty and one problem was water getting in under the boot carpet to the spare wheel well. Well I have had the car back 3 days now and once again there is water in there again. The garage changed all the rear lights and both rear quarter window seals (SC model) and also “sealed up” a crack in one of the seam welds between the rear quarter and roof on the drivers side. They have basically put clear silicone sealant over the small crack on the roof. I’m ready for handing the car back if the can’t get to the bottom of where the water is coming from. Is there any other common areas of water getting in to the boot? Any help would be appreciated guys

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Hi guys the car has been away for a while getting things sorted with it under warranty and one problem was water getting in under the boot carpet to the spare wheel well. Well I have had the car back 3 days now and once again there is water in there again. The garage changed all the rear lights and both rear quarter window seals (SC model) and also “sealed up” a crack in one of the seam welds between the rear quarter and roof on the drivers side. They have basically put clear silicone sealant over the small crack on the roof. I’m ready for handing the car back if the can’t get to the bottom of where the water is coming from. Is there any other common areas of water getting in to the boot? Any help would be appreciated guys

What year is the car?

JamieD

Jan 1, 2018
2014 also should add the car does have a sunroof and the first time it was in for the water ingress the sunroof seals where changed as one had a slight tear in it.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise