Text messages on sat nav High

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
Hi picked up my new Arona yesterday
The Sat Nav High Head unit is same as the Leon can anybody help me with the following

Hi spent all day trying out text messaging with the blue tooth connection and apple car play both connect ok with i phone 6
Seat phone on head unit Phone connect ok send and receive phone calls no problems But when i access messages top left on screen it shoes three folders inbox outbox and sent But i can get it to show any messages but it will show all my call records in phone calls
So why wont it show text or SMS ??

Apple Car Play same again connect ok but keeps saying Siri needs a internet connect WHY i am only phoning or sending text so why does it need internet ??

Completely exasperated
Also the antenna extender does it have to have a physical connection with the phone or just be near it
I seem to have lost the plot on these

weasley

May 19, 2017
South Oxfordshire
Apple CarPlay will only interact through Siri to send messages - Siri needs to see the internet because that's where it is hosted - every time you ask Siri a question or give it a command it is processed in the cloud, not on your phone.

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
Thanks for that
so that's waste of space Everything Apple do involves a internet connection one more reason to go back to android

Any Ideas if the Sat nav High can read them through voice control ??
Otherwise the whole text thing seem to a waste of Time

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
That's what I want mine to do what phone is it
It's a feature of Full Link, not specific to any particular handset(s). I have a personal iPhone and a work Samsung Galaxy and it works on both of those.

Out of curiosity, why is this thread about your Arona in the Leon Mk3 section, and are you sure you mean Sat Nav High as it isn't available on Arona :confused:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...I'm a little puzzled by the comments that it only works on full link.
Is anyone saying it only works with Full Link?

As I'm reading it most comments are correctly saying that it does work with Full Link, which suggests to me that most are saying it doesn't work without. There may be exceptions, but that is more by luck than design (especially with Apple products) as standard compatibility is incredibly limited.

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
Is anyone saying it only works with Full Link?

As I'm reading it most comments are correctly saying that it does work with Full Link, which suggests to me that most are saying it doesn't work without. There may be exceptions, but that is more by luck than design (especially with Apple products) as standard compatibility is incredibly limited.

Ah sorry, my bad. I misinterpreted the comment.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Try deleting phone from sat nav and vice versa, then reconnecting and make sure u are giving car permission to read texts and if it asks for this permission.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.