Clunk when braking after being in reverse

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
Recently when I’ve been reversing then gone into first and set off and applied the brakes there’s is a clunking noise that sounds like It’s coming from the wheel area, what could it be?

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
Can brake pads just come loose? They have been properly greased etc and they’re brembo pads and disks

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Greased?
Pads are a slightly loose fit in the calipers to allow for debris build up without causing binding. They all click, but it's usually not noticeable.

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
I have known pads to knock if they are a bit loose

it depends how bad your clunk is its hard to hear it over the internet :rofl:

if its very noticeable then I would be heading to a garage to get it on some ramps for a look

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I don't have sub 8 setup but I have read the sub8 calipers can be more prone to pad movement. Not sure what setup you have?
Pretty sure I've read a similar scenario a while back with one owner asking about knocking when reversing. Don't quote me but sure it turned out to be something other pads. Have you done a search for historical threads? The thread will be old now but defo remember there being one as I think they had trouble diagnosing the issue. Good luck!

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Had this on one of my Leons after going backwards after going forwards and vice versa - just a bit of movement in the calipers - all normal mate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.