Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
My bloody clutch pedal snapped on saturday, its in a local garage now getting it welded back up :(

dolf

The Dolf
Aug 14, 2006
cheshire
i worry about this now everytime i drive.

does anyone have a picture of where it snaps and the weld needed to repair it? for the few quid it costs to repair it seems sensible to do it now, dont you think?!

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
i worry about this now everytime i drive.

does anyone have a picture of where it snaps and the weld needed to repair it? for the few quid it costs to repair it seems sensible to do it now, dont you think?!

i dont have a picure but when u look on the clutch pedal its pretty obvious where it needs welding. if you have the spare cash to have it weleded up now then for peice of mind i probably would, as its not a case of IF yours fails its WHEN ( so it seems from amount of people having the same thing)

mines all sorted now cost me £75 all in at a local garage to get it welded up bit steep i thought but just glad its sorted for work tomorrow :D

sixsr

Jun 18, 2006
My clutch pedal clicks everytime its put down, I'm concerned incase its beginning to fracture. Does this clicking normally happen?

dolf

The Dolf
Aug 14, 2006
cheshire
Mine went today, it was one press soft, the next it's on the floor and its not coming back up. So it was little black ibiza on the back of big yellow recovery truck.

Anyway as I'm a busy busy ******* and love to complain I thought that now this has happened to me i will be writing to SEAT to get some answers (I read a thread a while back where someone wrote to them but the response they got was poor) but i am a tryer so i think i'll give it a go.

Anyway what i thought was if we could list everyone who's had this problem, their name, reg no, and how much it cost them to repair it might have more of an impact???

Good idea or not??

Also could I refer to SCN and it's members in the letter?? Mr Administrator??.

Thoughts please. Details could be P.M.ed

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
had my clutch pedal welded up last night and im in the middle of putting it back on the car but i havent got much patience :whistle: and dont really know whereto start :redface: , i have put the little which clip back on and cant get the spring to stay in place whilst i push the pedal onto it? do i put the pedal on first and try and squash the spring on at the end or just persavier?

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
Well its quite simple to fix and if you snap the white clip just go to your nearest scrap yard coz the clip from a mk 2 ibiza is the same as ive found out lol :lol:

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Right i managed to get my pedal off today.. Took a while and didnt appreciate the steering wheel in the chest lol.

Anyway i cant believe how crap the original seat welds are :confused: not surprising its snapped really!

Anyway took a couple of pics so people know what to look out for. Took the pedal to my local mechanics and they welded it up for me :) He wouldnt even let me give him any money for it :D

I cant actually get the pedal back on right now though so am gonna be making another thread shortly for help :confused:

Will just show the pics now :

Pedal with snapped metal :

P1010044-vi.jpg

Pedal now welded.. That aint gonna break for a while ;) :

P1010047-vi.jpg

P1010048-vi.jpg

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
My clutch pedal went on Tuesday morning. Got the car back tonight £75 out of pocket.

Had a VW Touran TDI 6spd 7 seater whilst it was in getting fixed, i abused it horrendously. It was slow and noisy, but now even noiser :)

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
can the pedal box be welded up where it is without having to take it out? thinking about doing mine before it breaks.......

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
i wouldnt like to see someone welding it where it is.. Lots to catch fire!!

Isnt actually that hard to get the pedal off following this guide :)

Hardest part is getting it back on though.. Im still driving about without the big spring in place :(

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Before the pedal went i dont think i had a spring!

As now its all been re-fitted with the spring, the pedal has much more resistance and pushes back much more. Takes a bit of getting used to.

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
need some help guys!

for those who refitted the clutch pedal how did you get the spring in place?
I was trying for an hour and a half this morning with no joy

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
its a bit of a pain as its dificult to get your hamds up there, just need patience and a bit of force, itl go in the end, it might help if you take the drivers seat out to give a lot more room to work, if you havnt done that already.

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
LOL Mine just broke, just got home from being towed lol, the AA attempted to fix it several times but said it needs a new pedal due to the metal bit snapped off! How much is a new pedal?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.