Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Beaker,

In the last pic you posted, sorry have i missed something - youve got the N112 valve at the bottom of the screen the above it you have got the other valve - Am i to assume you have not bypassed anything but simply relocated it?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
I've bypassed the one valve (look closely, no pipes connected to it anymore) but you have to keep the other one i presume?

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
If you look at Mikes pic you'll see he's still got the one valve plumbed in....

Mikes...

Image080.jpg

Mine... (no hoses in the top valve)

3yeztwj.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
cracking birds eye view - yep i see what youve done - you just relocated it - im going to take it off completey as its not needed - yep, you need to keep the N112(the other one) - controls combi valve for secondary air pump on cold starts -

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
cracking birds eye view - yep i see what youve done - you just relocated it - im going to take it off completey as its not needed - yep, you need to keep the N112(the other one) - controls combi valve for secondary air pump on cold starts -

Yeah thats it, you had me worried for a minute :) To remove completely you need to put a resistor in its place yeah?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
ive got myself confused - i was reading a manaul on how to do it - from what i understood, the resistor was recommened to be installed - but some people decided not and it still worked - have you seen SIMS guide?

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I have done no wiring, no soldering nothing electrical. Literally a "bypass" not a mod.

The car has no idea whats happened as far as it is concerned all is normal... its just hosing :)

Will go get some pics now, anything particular?

Mike

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
I forgot the N279 valve had a connector on it - so you need to keep this there - i thought you could completely take it out - im going to give it a bash tonight or tomorrow morning and will let you know how i get on - the only reason im doing this cos i got a positive deviation error code - i had found the problem which was a cracked pipe coming from the N112 valve - i replaced and car was flying but its happening again now - so cant figure out why im overboosting - hoping this bypass will cure it -

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
hey mike where did you get that bit of pipe from your maf to the induction kit looking for soming like that on mine to move it further from the engine

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
i right cheers, been tryign to find somet to take it away from the engine as gets abit warm, you know what size it is a migth just get some silicone pipin on there

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
yea if you can mate be greatfull :D

cant wait for my vacume hosein to come so can get this bypass done just waiting for it in post not sure how long will take for it to come ordered it from forge on saturday :funk:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
sweet mate sounds nice what you had done to that.

i need a intercoler next job after new year just need to find some were to fit it :(

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Well all your mods I have, and the ones coming I have (;))... so your car will sound the same.. apart from exhuast as mine is Milltek.. dunno how different that is to yours tho... lol

Cheers :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.