£5 Ipod connector Guide

seat-ollie

I purchased my tape adaptor from Tesco for £6!

I did the thing described on the 1st page today and it looks so much better without the wire dangling out of the tape slot!

Thanks for this!!

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
iv done this but some songs are coming out really fuzzy others are fine but they all soubd fine on my pc and on mp3 cds so could it be the quality of it when downloaded or what ??

iv done this but some songs are coming out really fuzzy others are fine but they all soubd fine on my pc and on mp3 cds so could it be the quality of it when downloaded or what ??

What volume are you keeping your mp3 player at? If you keep it just over half way and turn up your radio higher it makes the sound quality better, rather than keeping the mp3 high and the radio low...

Kris.T12

anyone got a link for the Cd changer adapter thing for under £30, spoken about in previously.
Ive clicked on the link to ebay but because its over 90 days old it wont show it me.

Quite instrested as i keep breaking the cassettes :(

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
They are okay dude, but the sound quality is a bit iffy.. The tapes are much better.. But, is it just mine? Or when I play my music very loud, the tape tries to auto-reverse itself... This is the only downfall!!

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
im using tapes also, but my problem is one song is really low so i higher it up then the next song is too loud and blows my eardrums,

my mate has the radio transmitter and it seems fine. but then again shes running standard speakers and its a corsa lol

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
im using tapes also, but my problem is one song is really low so i higher it up then the next song is too loud and blows my eardrums

I get this too mate.. But, does yours try to auto reverse itself?

The music stops, then you hear it do a clicking sound, and then the music resumes, say, 5 seconds later.. (Due to the time it takes for the tape to sort itself out.)

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
ah yeah dude, its just the tape coming to an end, nothing big. it switches over to B Side, then switches back to A Side.

Kris.T12

it shouldnt be the tape coming to an end because there isnt actually any tape in the cassette?
Think its just your tape bein lil bit dodgy?
I know when i turn mine up too loud. It likes to cut out for 2 seconds, then comes back on.

Anyhelp on the under £30 cd changer connecter thingy?

Kris.T12

Im pretty sure i read somewhere, could of been on here, dont hold me to that though.
That its a "safety feature", which its pretty Sh*tty to be fair.

JamieK

Hi,

Been reading the forums on & off for a while, but have only just gotten round to posting. The forums have already saved me quite a bit of detective work with the (apparently common) temperature sensor bug, so thanks to everyone.

Just been reading through this thread with a view to adding an Aux In jack - I'm not entirely sure what the outcome was of the posts earlier recommending the Blaupunkt-compatible ISO connector? Do these spoof the CD changer correctly? Or are the Connects2 kits (or similar) necessary? My car came without the changer installed, so if I can get this working it would give use to an otherwise redundant button, as well as offering far better sound than the cassette adapters.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat_Man

Problem is, them cassette things don't recharge the Ipod, therefore you have to remove it regularly to charge.
I know this is about cheapness, but for a relatively cheap amount of money, you can grab yourself an Ipod compatible cable that leads straight out of the back of the HU and into the Ipod. You then need to spend something between £10 and £15 on a little adapter than downgrades the radios 12V supply to a 5V supply allowing you're Ipod to charge as you listen to it! Also allows you to use the CD Changer funtions just like having a multidisc changer.
Good thing about these is, you can make them reappear from the back of the HU to almost anywhere on the car, i.e. under the steering column for easy reaching or into the glovebox for security.

£74.97 .. for the Ipod carkit off of a website called Ipodcarkitdirect .co .uk .. I can't post URLs until i've posted 15 posts! [:@]
I don't think thats terribly bad. Also try Ebay for a chance of grabbing an even better bargain.

Hope this helps someone! :happy: